Menu

I am so sick of cleaning this flippin' house!!!

Dh has been building this darn thing for 23 years!!! Jeez....as soon as anything gets done .....something else gets dilapidated. Add 4 boys into the mix plus a sloppy dd...2 dogs, 2 cats, a rabbit and a turtle....and ....well NOTHING looks nice really fast. I am so frustrated. Dustballs....laundry....everything needs paint.....ugh....

Vent over....back to my regularly scheduled scrubbing.

Faithe

I feel for ya! I've only got 2 boys. We can't have cats/dogs and we had to put the rabbit down. So, the mess isn't nearly as bad for us. I will say that I will take a couple boys over a rabbit any day. Man! Those little critters are messy! We have 2 mice, 3 toads, and 1 snake now-all much easier to handle.

I'm one of those "neat freaks" so it drives me crazy when things get messy. Good on ya for keeping all the animals. I would hurt someone if I had to deal with all that hair!

I understand!

I finally got the kids out of the way so I could scrub the floor. The dudes came home, dh made watermelon juice and ds tipped it over the floor. Less than 48 hours later, walking through the kitchen feels like walking on velcro with fluffy socks. :glare: There must be some chemical process that allows stickiness to hide while spills are being wiped up, so it can reappear later on, after you think you've wiped up sufficiently.

:cheers2: (But don't you dare spill it!)

Rosie

Dh has been building this darn thing for 23 years!!! Jeez....as soon as anything gets done .....something else gets dilapidated. Add 4 boys into the mix plus a sloppy dd...2 dogs, 2 cats, a rabbit and a turtle....and ....well NOTHING looks nice really fast. I am so frustrated. Dustballs....laundry....everything needs paint.....ugh....

Faithe

Sing it, friend!

You've perfectly articulated why I cannot have pets. I simply couldn't keep up!

Our home is messy because it's just. too. small. I can clean it to perfection, then we might leave out a cup, a sock, and a newspaper and it looks like Hurricane Sally wreaked havoc.

Sing it, friend!

Our home is messy because it's just. too. small. I can clean it to perfection, then we might leave out a cup, a sock, and a newspaper and it looks like Hurricane Sally wreaked havoc.

YES! That happens around here, too. I love my tiny house, but boy-oh-boy one thing out of place makes it look like a monsoon hit!

:grouphug:

I have a white kitchen floor. I think it is part of an evil plot to drive me insane, there is NO WAY a normal family can keep a white kitchen floor looking clean! And the dog (who sheds at least his body weight in fur every day) is black.

The new vinyl flooring we just put down last year in the living room has not held up to the abuse from the kids, and has white spots developing in it (it is a sort-of brown and dark brown). I can't win. Now we are using the woodstove, so there are little tiny specks of bark, leaves, twiggy things and whatnot scattered around from the kids bringing in wood.

I think the only way I will ever have a nice, clean-looking house is when the kids all move out and I build a brand new one. :tongue_smilie:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

3 boys here, one cat and two dogs that think it is too cold to go outside...either that or they are reacting to the fact I am pregnant...

Anyway I feel your pain. My floors are stained concrete and it is a love hate relationship with them. Someday I will have some carpet and pretty hardwood, until then I have boys and dogs. ;)

My laundry shows I have been under the weather and I need to pack up christmas.

Faithe

I hear you Faithe, typical handyman's wife scenario here, lol.

Can the kids help? I hate painting.

Dog, 2 cats, guinea-pig, cockatiel, hamster, chickens (thankfully not in the house)

:grouphug::grouphug:

Sing it, friend!

Thing is my house LOOKS yucky...but it is clean. Seriously. I think it is because we have always been in construction stage....no trim on the floor....so dust can get in the cracks between the floor and the wall....not trim on the door frames looks cr@ppy. My living room has a plywood floor that I keep painting....but it gets scuffed too easily....must be the scooters and roller blades:D....no closet doors.....no real curtains yet. All the money goes TO windows, and framing lumber and Sheetrock.....

I have to have inexpensive ways to FINISH this house ....so my clean...LOOKS clean!!

Faithe