Menu

A little update on my new-found family. (cc)

I posted here about my two aunts, one uncle, and a cousin from my bio mom's family who found me on facebook.

It's been kinda like a dream getting to talk to them. I haven't chatted with my cousin (he's my age, has a wife and kids of his own, and, well, he's a guy, LOL) or my uncle. But my two aunts are just like I remember them. Sweet, loving ladies. They love the Lord, have missed me and my sisters all these years (my dad and stepmom cut off contact with them when I was 8, so I haven't seen them in 26 years). So full of love, saying the sorts of things a loving mother would say to her child. Things like "Oh you and your sisters have always been so beautiful' (which, while not true, is still nice to hear :D), and they can't wait to meet me and my family.

They've been honest with me concerning my bio mom, confirming what I knew/suspected. She had a still born girl between me and my younger sister, and it caused her a mental breakdown. She never got help/treatment of any kind, and it cause a downward spiral for her life that continues to this day. They did tell me, however, that before her 'break', that she loved me very much, enjoyed being a wife/mother, and was good to me and my sisters. I needed to hear that, after so many years of my stepmother telling me how my mother didn't/never loved me. I know I'm 34, and I should be 'over it'. But she's my MOTHER.

It turns out that they live in the small resort town that my husband and I take our family to vacation in every year or every other year. We're planning on going there in July, and I'll get to "re" meet all of them.

It's a prayer answered, and I praise and thank the Lord for his kindness. I'm so undeserving of His blessings. I keep fighting tears of thanksgiving and joy.

And the fact that my aunts seem to be true believers is just the icing on the cake for me. Thank you Jesus. :)

I posted here about my two aunts, one uncle, and a cousin from my bio mom's family who found me on facebook.

It's been kinda like a dream getting to talk to them. I haven't chatted with my cousin (he's my age, has a wife and kids of his own, and, well, he's a guy, LOL) or my uncle. But my two aunts are just like I remember them. Sweet, loving ladies. They love the Lord, have missed me and my sisters all these years (my dad and stepmom cut off contact with them when I was 8, so I haven't seen them in 26 years). So full of love, saying the sorts of things a loving mother would say to her child. Things like "Oh you and your sisters have always been so beautiful' (which, while not true, is still nice to hear :D), and they can't wait to meet me and my family.

They've been honest with me concerning my bio mom, confirming what I knew/suspected. She had a still born girl between me and my younger sister, and it caused her a mental breakdown. She never got help/treatment of any kind, and it cause a downward spiral for her life that continues to this day. They did tell me, however, that before her 'break', that she loved me very much, enjoyed being a wife/mother, and was good to me and my sisters. I needed to hear that, after so many years of my stepmother telling me how my mother didn't/never loved me. I know I'm 34, and I should be 'over it'. But she's my MOTHER.

It turns out that they live in the small resort town that my husband and I take our family to vacation in every year or every other year. We're planning on going there in July, and I'll get to "re" meet all of them.

It's a prayer answered, and I praise and thank the Lord for his kindness. I'm so undeserving of His blessings. I keep fighting tears of thanksgiving and joy.

And the fact that my aunts seem to be true believers is just the icing on the cake for me. Thank you Jesus. :)

That is awesome. I know how you feel because my long lost sister found me on FB 3 years ago. We are close now. It is incredible.

That is awesome. I know how you feel because my long lost sister found me on FB 3 years ago. We are close now. It is incredible.

My bio mom did have two other children after abandoning me and my sisters. I met them ONE time when I was 17, and they were like 5 and 3 or something. I know their first names, but it doesn't appear that my aunts have contact with them. My mother has abandonded them, too. They each have their (different) fathers.

I don't know if I'll go looking for them. For right now, at least. They would still be quite young (maybe early 20s), so I think I'd want to give them some time to get some years on them before opening that door, IYKWIM.

Interesting fact about my bio mom; she was married twice after my father, didn't have any kids with those men, then went on to have my two half brothers with different men. Kinda sounds (to this armchair therapist, LOL), like she was looking to fill a void of love in her life. VERY much like how I was before getting married and then later being saved.

My bio mom did have two other children after abandoning me and my sisters. I met them ONE time when I was 17, and they were like 5 and 3 or something. I know their first names, but it doesn't appear that my aunts have contact with them. My mother has abandonded them, too. They each have their (different) fathers.

I don't know if I'll go looking for them. For right now, at least. They would still be quite young (maybe early 20s), so I think I'd want to give them some time to get some years on them before opening that door, IYKWIM.

Interesting fact about my bio mom; she was married twice after my father, didn't have any kids with those men, then went on to have my two half brothers with different men. Kinda sounds (to this armchair therapist, LOL), like she was looking to fill a void of love in her life. VERY much like how I was before getting married and then later being saved.

So where is your mom now?

So where is your mom now?

No one knows. My younger sister, who was just 5-ish the last time she saw mom (and remembers next to nothing) has tried to track her down. Last I heard, sis had contacted a recent employer of mom's, who was ALSO looking for mom, because she absconded with thousands of the employer's money. :glare:

Mom's not an upstanding person. I can live with that. There's losers in the world, and some of them are somebody's mother. I'm not special; why shouldn't it be *my* mother. That's the way I've explained it to my boys, at least. And while they *say* they understand, the quizzical look in their eye says they really don't. Which makes me feel good, in a way, that they can't understand having a mom who would abandon them. :)

So, all that to say, :D, either no one knows where my mom is, or my Aunts do know, and are trying to protect me from the truth. But I don't have any reason to believe they know, as they've been very truthful with me so far, even about things that happened 24 years ago that don't put them in a good light, you know?

I am sooo happy for you.

And honestly, I read a lot of weird stuff on this board. But telling a girl that her mother didn't love her is still stunningly cruel. I hope you know how bizarre that is.

Edited by Danestress
Edited to say I didn't mean "I hope you know" to sound bossy or know it all. What I mean is, I hope you know how deeply love

Merry Christmas indeed. What a wonderful blessing.