Menu

Cheaper Way to get Disney Park Passes?

I bought from undercovertourist.com and saved a little bit of money verses the online Disney prices. Their prices include tax so if you compare side by side make sure you are looking at your final price at Disney.

Also, many companies have discount programs for all sorts of things. Dh's last company had Disney discounts that were slightly better than the undercovertourist website. His choices were limited though...like only 7 day tickets when all I needed were 5 day tickets.

I don't know if this is still done, but when we were there several years ago, most of the larger non-Disney hotels would buy the "extra days" from guests' unexpired multi-day passes. Then they would sell those days to newly arriving guests at a better price than the per day one at the various parks.

So check with the hotel where you will be staying to see if they do something like this.

Undercovertourist is legit and has good prices. If you sign up for the mousesavers.com newsletter, they email a discount code each month that will save you a little extra off the regular discounted undercovertourist price. Our family personally used this company for our tickets and had no trouble at all.

The way to save the most is to get tickets through Disney's homeschool YES program. They are discounted for everyone in your party but your kids will have to take a class one of your days at Disney.

Another option, if you're likely to be in FL in the next year, is to do a "non-expiring" 7 day pass, and plan to use those extra days on a later trip (I think you have a year to use non-expiring days). However, we have relatives in the area, so are usually there at least once a year, sometimes more, and can usually use an extra day or two later.

Similarly, I have a friend who loves Disney and who has found that getting a season pass every other year works great-they go for about a week and buy the pass initially, then come back just under a year later, and do another long week, skip a year, and then do the same thing a week and a year later. According to her, it's cheaper to buy a season family pass than 2 weeks of tickets.

Undercovertourist is legit and has good prices. If you sign up for the mousesavers.com newsletter, they email a discount code each month that will save you a little extra off the regular discounted undercovertourist price. Our family personally used this company for our tickets and had no trouble at all.

The way to save the most is to get tickets through Disney's homeschool YES program. They are discounted for everyone in your party but your kids will have to take a class one of your days at Disney.

Is there a minimum number of students required? I thought I checked in to this before and you had to have 15.

I don't know if this is still done, but when we were there several years ago, most of the larger non-Disney hotels would buy the "extra days" from guests' unexpired multi-day passes. Then they would sell those days to newly arriving guests at a better price than the per day one at the various parks.

So check with the hotel where you will be staying to see if they do something like this.

Just so you know, this kind of thing is not only against Disney rules (the tickets clearly say they are non-transferable), but it's illegal in Florida:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-03-02/news/os-theme-park-ticket-bust-20110302_1_theme-park-tickets-seaworld-orlando

In addition, guests now have to scan their fingers at the park gates, specifically in order to prevent this kind of fraud.

Actually, here's a good website that explains a lot of this stuff:

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwtixadvice.html#not

Undercover Tourist has the best price on legitimate discount tickets - if you sign up for the Mouse Savers newsletter (a different sight) they'll send you to a link with a bigger discount at UT's site for MS subscribers.

If you'll be attending a conference, they usually have discount tickets available too - better price than UT too, but they're not available to the general public, only those attending area conferences. if you are attending a conference that has secured discount tickets, the link will be on the organization hosting's website.

Last option is the homeschool discounts available - you can check on Disney's education/youth site to see what the prices are and when they're available.

Is there a minimum number of students required? I thought I checked in to this before and you had to have 15.

It may depend on when you go. I know during their homeschool days in Jan/Feb the website shows tickets available for individual families. We are new to homeschooling this year, so I haven't personally gone to Disney this way, but we are looking into it for next year.

There is another legitimate way to get a great discount on Disney park passes. Go to http://www.disneyyouth.com/youth-education-series/ and check out their classes for students. There is also a homeschool group series of classes. By attending one or more classes, you and your family can get Disney tickets at around a 40% discount. We plan on doing this next summer.

When are you going? We just did homeschool days and it was WONDERFUL!

$200 or so for 8 day park hoppers and 8 vouchers for Disney Quest and/or water parks.

They were only $20 more than the 5 day option so we did the 8. We probably should have done 5 as we were not able to use them all.

Dawn

We did the homeschool days in October. The discount was good for two adults and the kid tickets--so a typical family. It's a really great deal if you can plan a trip for those dates.

We had grandparents go too and the cheapest they found were undercover tourist tickets. As someone else mentioned their quote prices include all charges/tax. You might find a cheaper price but then they add x and y and it's not cheaper. I believe the homeschool days are typically in Oct and January (Jan 2012 linked here)