Menu

Having so much trouble finding juniors' clothing!

Hi everyone,

I know I'm a teenager, so I'm not really supposed to be posting on this board, but I am in a fix and thought you guys might have some ideas.

I just cannot find any clothes that I like and that fit me. I'm 5'7, slender, and am a little sick of the current styles. We've tried Forever 21 (everything is incredibly bad-quality but I do have a few dresses and skirts from there), had some success at American Eagle, and don't find much at Kohl's, JCPenney, and the other big stores. We do find jeans at Delia's.

I don't really want to wear solid tops and jeans all the time, but I can't find any styles out there that I like and fit me! Many tops are also too short on me, since I'm tall.

Thanks!

Try Maurices if you have one near you. I never have problems finding something there. I usually have to wear a tank top under lower-cut shirts because I'm short, but it might work perfectly if you are taller. The "short" jeans are too long for me to wear with tennis shoes without stepping on them, but look great with heeled boots.

My dd is 5'8" and 14.5 years old. She shops at American Eagle some, but finds a lot of nice things at Eddie Bauer. Cool sweaters (all long enough) button-downs, long scarves to loop around her neck, even shoes. She goes to public high school.

She has shirts like this and this and this. She wears a lot of their jeans and cords. In fact, she had a pair of grey cords on yesterday and is wearing Eddie Bauer jeans today. She wants this sweater for Christmas. She already has this one and wears it a lot. She pairs shirts or sweaters with lightweight scarves like this one.

One thing Molly really likes about the Eddie Bauer site is that when you click on an item you like, it shows you other items that go well with it-- camis or shirts for underneath, etc.

Hope that helps! Happy shopping!

astrid

Note to self: schedule appointment with eye doctor.

I looked at this thread because I was really interested to see all your clever and creative suggestions for finding janitors' clothing.

Good luck, OP; sounds like you've gotten some excellent suggestions. Let us know what you find!

Note to self: schedule appointment with eye doctor.

I looked at this thread because I was really interested to see all your clever and creative suggestions for finding janitors' clothing.

Good luck, OP; sounds like you've gotten some excellent suggestions. Let us know what you find!

You are not alone.

OP, try Land's End.