Menu

what can I do with this sugar cookie dough?

I made a big batch of dough. I baked two pans of sugar cookies and decorated them,then remembered I don't like sugar cookies (too plain) and I hate the taste of food dyes in the frosting I decorated them with. So....what can i do with the remaining dough?? It is chilled and hard right now, in my fridge. I have butterscotch chips and chocolate chips, I think. And cocoa powder. All the normal cooking stuff. Give me an idea.

Thaw it out so that you can roll it in to a rectangle. Brush the dough with melted butter, mix sugar and cinnamon and cover the whole thing. Roll it up and put it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Slice it and bake and you have cinnamon roll cookies. You could even use a glaze on them.

Thaw it out so that you can roll it in to a rectangle. Brush the dough with melted butter, mix sugar and cinnamon and cover the whole thing. Roll it up and put it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Slice it and bake and you have cinnamon roll cookies. You could even use a glaze on them.

omg, that sounds so good!

I did make some thumbprint cookies yesterday, but will do this tomorrow!

Press the dough into a mini-muffin tin and fill with jam or chocolate ganache to make tarts :-)

I realized a few years ago that I don't care for sugar cookies either, so I replaced all of my cutouts with shortbread. The kids can still decorate, but the cookies taste better.

Edited by KungFuPanda