Menu

VP History Group Buy

Blessed with seven

**I am out...sorry, my computer is too slow :( ** Someone will need to be the "go to" person, see my last post...

This might be an odd question but I just got an email that if 10 or more sign up for their History Course they will drop it to $99 instead of $250.

Does anyone on here go together for group buys, our little homeschool group does not do VP!

Kim

Edited by Blessed with seven

I am excited about it...I am not sure how to do this as we would have to pay w/ one credit card and we would need 10 people. I need to make sure it will work on my computer. We are out in the country, I don't have "high speed" but we don't have dial up either...our connection isn't the fastest. I will check that out although at one time I think I found out it would work!

One other thing, not sure if we will all have to have the same "start date"?

Kim

I am also interested in this group buy. I'm not sure how it would work, since we have to pay with one cc. Even if we did have to use the same start date, we have access to the material for 12 months. So, hopefully, a date can be chosen that is agreeable for everyone. ;)

In the December Epistula, there is an offer for free shipping on any order from VP. Here is the text from the newsletter:

Free Offer

Free Travel Chess Set

The holidays are upon us and for many of us that means travel to spend time with loved ones. Here's a great idea which will keep children occupied in transit and can be shared with friends and relatives at your destination. With any order in December, we'll send you a free travel chess set, if you ask, while supplies last. (One set per family.) If you place your order by phone, simply ask us to add it to your order. When placing an order online, type "Chess" in the Special Instructions box during checkout.

Free Shipping, Free Drop-Shipping, and Free Gift Wrap

Merry Christmas! Books make great Christmas gifts. You may have any order in December shipped free (Continental US only). You may also have any order gift-wrapped. And you may have any order sent to an address of your choosing. All you need do is ask. When placing an order online, make your request for free shipping and/or gift-wrapping in the Special Instructions box during checkout. We'll delete the shipping charge when we process your order. Our web site makes it easy to place a gift order. . . . But we love hearing from you, too, so call us at (800) 922-5082 and just ask for the Free Shipping, Free Drop-Shipping and/or Free Gift Wrap.

I need to make sure it will work on my computer. We are out in the country, I don't have "high speed" but we don't have dial up either...our connection isn't the fastest.

One thing to check is any data limits you have. This is my most vexing problem with rural 'high speed' internet!

Well..unfortunately I am out. I just tried to do their "sample" lessons and my computer does not download fast enough. So...I did get an email reply about how to pay and if everyone needs to start at the same time..

Well...good luck, looks like a really, really neat program....wish I could do it :glare:

You can determine how you want to pay.

One person can "collect" the monies from your group members, but only one person's credit card will be on file.

So, one person will have to be the responsible "bill to" person.

You can start at different times, as along as the last person starts before the August, 2012 cut-off date.

Also, the students can also start different history eras...they don't necessarily need to start the same program.

I hope this information is helpful!

Gloria G. Stoudt

I (possibly) would be interested in leading it if everyone could pay me by Paypak by a certain date. I'll think about it and ask my husband. I'd need the money before we paid. DD10 has used this this year and loves it! We definitely plan to continue. If we got 20 people we could split the free one and save $5 more dollars. I know of two or three other people interested. I'd probably want to limit it to 20. Hmmm....

I think they are going to get a lot of business this way!

I called VP to clarify a couple of points.

We would need to sign up by February 1st, and each member can pick whichever course they want. Each member can pick their own start date, but a date of August 31st or earlier must be selected (so it can be for the 2012-2013 school year!!:001_smile:).

I would be happy to help with this as well. Maybe, depending on how many are interested, we can break into groups of ten or so to keep any one group from becoming too large. My ten can paypal me their share and I can use my credit card to pay. I would want three slots, one for dd10 for this year, and two to begin in August.

I'm floored at this excellent offer. VP self-paced has been a huge hit in our homeschool this year and I was planning on spending $750 in tuition between the three classes, so this is a huge savings!

Lisa

Lisa, this is likely a silly question - but do you really need one subscription per kid? What's the advantage over just having the kids work together?

I use just one for two kids but my younger is only almost 7. She watches but she doesn't do the activities - they have little quiz type things and tests. So she doesn't have anything recorded. If you want your kids to have grades and to be able to do the little quizzes (which are like games), you will need to get them their own accounts. Also then they could do it at different times. I have mine do it together. After next year, I'll have younger daughter have her own account. Hope that helps!

Yes, I think keeping it to 10 would be great! I'd need three spots (one for my girls and two for sister's kids) so I'd have 7 slots available. I still need to double check with my dh (he's working insane hours right now) but I think he will be cool with it.

Lisa, this is likely a silly question - but do you really need one subscription per kid? What's the advantage over just having the kids work together?

Not a silly question at all! I was debating this myself, but I am leaning toward combining them (not sure if that is officially endorsed by VP, though:001_smile:). I don't really care about the record keeping aspect, I just thought older dd would be annoyed having younger dd sitting in with her. You can go back and rewatch the lessons, though, but just can't retake the quizzes and tests. I think that's what I may do.

Lisa

I called VP to clarify a couple of points.

We would need to sign up by February 1st, and each member can pick whichever course they want. Each member can pick their own start date, but a date of August 31st or earlier must be selected (so it can be for the 2012-2013 school year!!:001_smile:).

I would be happy to help with this as well. Maybe, depending on how many are interested, we can break into groups of ten or so to keep any one group from becoming too large. My ten can paypal me their share and I can use my credit card to pay. I would want three slots, one for dd10 for this year, and two to begin in August.

I'm floored at this excellent offer. VP self-paced has been a huge hit in our homeschool this year and I was planning on spending $750 in tuition between the three classes, so this is a huge savings!

Lisa

:hurray: Yay!! If we could wait until August to start our class that would be awesome. I would be interested in two slots for my DC. Please PM me with the details... thank you!!

Okay, my DH gave me the "okay" to do this. He wants me to take 12 in my group in case someone backs out, we will still have enough to do it.

We can make two groups and I'll head up one. I'll post details in a few but first I have a question....

What do I do about paypal fees? How much will fees be on a $99 purchase and how do I set it up/request payment so that I don't eat those fees?

Thanks so much! I'm excited. I'll post all details when I have an answer to the paypal question.

People will need to send it as a gift, then you will not have a fee:001_smile:

Lisa

Okay, my DH gave me the "okay" to do this. He wants me to take 12 in my group in case someone backs out, we will still have enough to do it.

We can make two groups and I'll head up one. I'll post details in a few but first I have a question....

What do I do about paypal fees? How much will fees be on a $99 purchase and how do I set it up/request payment so that I don't eat those fees?

Thanks so much! I'm excited. I'll post all details when I have an answer to the paypal question.

Awesome:001_smile:I will volunteer for another group of 10 if we have enough. So far between myself and a couple of local friends, I have six.

Lisa

Wow - just saw this. We also did the 30 day trial and enjoyed it. Is there still a spot available for 1?

Sure, come aboard:001_smile:

I believe LittleWMN has on more spot, and I have some as well. She has a separate thread down board a bit if you want to check with her. She will close her group at ten, but I will still have slots when she's closed.

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...