Menu

If you're an LG stackable, energy-efficient front-loadin' kind o' gal...

Can you tell me how much you can actually fit in a washload? :bigear:

My backstory: we inherited ancient Kenmores in this house, and I can. not. keep. up. Dee-aitch and the dee-cee generate so much laundry that I am beginning to have nightmares. :eek: Also, we are on a smallish septic system that requires loooooong waits between loads. It's like laundering in slo-mo. :glare:

So...can anyone describe their LG happiness? Can you put the entire state of Rhode Island in these babies or what?* Thanks in advance for any help. :001_smile:

*Rhode Island was neither harmed nor rinsed-and-spun in the making of this post. ;)

I can fit 4 sets of sheets in them, 3 twin sets and 1 queen (with a little room left). I can fit 12-14 pairs of jeans, 4 people in the house wear adult size, the other 3 are kid size. I can fit a sleeping bag, or my queen size comforter. I can put all 4 of my bathroom rugs in one load.

I like my front loader. I can definitely fit more than I could with my extra large capacity top load. It uses less water, which will be nice on your septic system. The clothes come out dryer, which shortens dryer times.

I like that I can do some hand washables, because of not having the agitator, and the hand washable setting, which has a low or no spin.

They are more expensive, but I have found it worth it. (The first year we had it we saved about $15 a month on our water/sewer bill. That amount would be even more now since our rates went up so much).

HTH

Not an LG user, but a Kenmore/Whirpool user. You can definitely fit more. I can fit all the linens from a king and a queen bed with room for something else - blankets or towels.

I have found that about ten towels is max. More than that and you risk smelly towels.

In one week's time, our family of three can do all their bed, bath and kitchen linens in one load, all our whites in one load with room to spare, all our lights and brights in one load with room to spare, and all our darks (including jeans) in one load with room to spare. We don't have two week's worth of clothes to wear, so we usually need to wash before we have a full load.

I take my dh's workshirts and slacks to the cleaners because he likes them that way :), but other than that this family (of three) does four, maybe five loads a week (depending on towels - in summer there is always more towels). My dd doesn't go through more than one outfit a day, though... she doesn't play outside and get muddy, etc.

I will never go back to a top loader again. Highly recommended here!

HTH!

Hey, I saw something about your birthday... Happy, Happy Day! Did you do something fun? I hope so! A new W/D set would be a nice birthday present :).

Have you seen the newest LG models?? :drool5::drool:

WM0001HTMA_HO_NS_M_m.jpgDLG0002TM_HO_M_m.jpg

LG’s New Stainless Steel SteamWasher™ with Allergiene™.

4.2 cu. ft. Ultra Capacity Steam Washer.

bul_arr.gif The power of TrueSteam™ penetrates fabrics for enhanced cleaning performance and also reduces allergens by more than 95% with LG’s exclusive Allergiene™ cycle.

I don't have one of these babies, but all I can say is: :drool:

We had Kenmore and they fit a ton, but broke after six months. So I replaced with Whirlpool, doesnt fit as much but not leaking water. I do like front loader, but they definitely need the pedestals or you break your back bending over. Oh yeah, things fall out on the floor, when you open the doors.

Other than that they are great. Read consumer reports, I read it after the Kenmore breakage incident. I originally purchased because suuuper pretty.

Jeannette

I have an LG; I think it is 3.8 capacity. It can fit a lot of laundry in one load. It's hard to quantify, but I would say an average size laundry basket (the rectangular kind) fills up about 2/3 of the load.

I love having a front loader and will never go back. I would think with your septic issues that the reduced water usage would be a huge benefit.

I also love that the drying time is so great reduced. It takes the wash machine longer than the dryer! Great problem to have. ;)

I can't wait! 4.2 cubic feet...:party:

I had to replace my top loader but I didn't get the matching dryer! I'm

sort of worried that I won't be able to fit my huge load of washing into my

pretty large dryer (But is it large enough? That's the question. :confused:)

According to the washer info, I'll be able to wash my king size comforter.

Anyways, I'm off to the laundrymat for the last time tomorrow. I can't

wait to have a washer!

I can't wait! 4.2 cubic feet...:party:

I had to replace my top loader but I didn't get the matching dryer! I'm

sort of worried that I won't be able to fit my huge load of washing into my

pretty large dryer (But is it large enough? That's the question. :confused:)

According to the washer info, I'll be able to wash my king size comforter.

Anyways, I'm off to the laundrymat for the last time tomorrow. I can't

wait to have a washer!

I didn't get the matching dryer with my front loader. I got the largest size regular dryer Kenmore carried. It's fine. I actually think my old dryer, which was a bit smaller would have been fine as well (but it was gas, and we needed electric with our new house!).

Enjoy your new washer!

and love some more my LG front-loader! It is also a 4.2 capacity. It washes my super thick Cal King comforter, and many other huge, huge loads of laundry. It even sings to me when it's done washing (you can turn this function off)! Buy far, it's one of the best purchases we ever made!:thumbup: