Menu

I bought my husband a Utilikilt for Christmas.

Picture please?

(of only the utilikilt of course . . . :D:lol:)

ETA after reading the A&F thread I suppose a picture of a man in the utilikilt would be okay . . .

http://www.utilikilts.com/customer/photo-gallery/

It looks like the one in the 2nd row, third column.... Guy in the middle with the cowboy hat.

It's the olive (think Boy Scout pants color) original. We were up in Seattle yesterday at the Flagship Utilikilts store and I got to buy it from the owner... DH got felt up by the master. ;-) And then we all shared a Guiness.

DH has wanted one of these since we first saw them 12 years ago (when they first came out). He has pined away for one for years. So when I mentioned that the Utilikilt store was in Pioneer Square... just a few blocks from Chinatown and the Klondike Gold Rush Museum where we were being good little homeschoolers and broadening our children's horizons with dim sum and Dead Horse Trail stories... we decided to walk down there and check it out. Little did he know that I had plans to buy him a kilt all along. And imagine my delight when I learned that it was 25% off!

DD cannot wait until he wears his kilt to her Scottish Highland Dancing Christmas party!

http://www.utilikilts.com/customer/photo-gallery/

It looks like the one in the 2nd row, third column.... Guy in the middle with the cowboy hat.

It's the olive (think Boy Scout pants color) original. We were up in Seattle yesterday at the Flagship Utilikilts store and I got to buy it from the owner... DH got felt up by the master. ;-) And then we all shared a Guiness.

DH has wanted one of these since we first saw them 12 years ago (when they first came out). He has pined away for one for years. So when I mentioned that the Utilikilt store was in Pioneer Square... just a few blocks from Chinatown and the Klondike Gold Rush Museum where we were being good little homeschoolers and broadening our children's horizons with dim sum and Dead Horse Trail stories... we decided to walk down there and check it out. Little did he know that I had plans to buy him a kilt all along. And imagine my delight when I learned that it was 25% off!

DD cannot wait until he wears his kilt to her Scottish Highland Dancing Christmas party!

Soooooo jealous! My husband just guffaws when I offer to buy him one. Really, he can't pick himself up off the floor, he's laughing at me that hard for even thinking he might entertain the idea. I think utilikilts are da bomb!

Congrats :)

My husband and his best friend have the Workman (it's the one that looks like it is made out of Carhartt material and has extra loops in it for tools). They've had them for about 18 months and the kilts get a lot of use. I'm happy for you that you managed to take advantage of the 25% off sale! That's sweet!

The boys get very few odd comments about them, but they do get a lot of compliments and questions. The summer we saw a regional group do MacBeth as part of their Shakespeare Under the Stars, the actor that played MacBeth made a point of getting a picture of with the guys in their UKs standing on either side of him after the performance.

(Oh, and hello, as well, I introduced myself briefly the last time I posted, but I haven't been posting long...it's just hard not to perk up when the UKs come up in conversation....)

My dad showed up to dd11's soccer banquet today in a utilikilt. He had added a swatch from our clan's tartan and had a kilt pin with our crest on it. I thought he looked so sharp that I poked poor dh... :tongue_smilie: (I wonder how a kilt would look on an Okinawan with Samurai ancestry? :lol: )

Head to any Highland Games and you will see all manner of kilt-wearing individuals. I bet he would look great!