Menu

Finally buying Singapore...final questions!

kristinannie

OK. We are about a month away from finishing up McRuffy Color Math K (with the tweaking I have done on it). I am going to get Singapore 1A and 1B to start at the beginning of the year. I want to do the standards edition because I want the HIGs. I want the IP and CWP books as well. Can anyone tell me the best place to purchase this online? Thanks!!!

Are the IP and CWP only available in the US edition? Also, do you recommend doing these along with the level you are on or waiting until you are at a higher level and then doing the lower level? Also, how helpful is the HIG for level 1A and 1B. It was a little more expensive than I thought it would be! :eek:

I think you could skip the HIG for 1a and 1b although I don't recommend it. The HIG has great games and mental math strategies which could also carry over into instruction for your littles. I'd wait on the IPs and CWPs until you're further along. My ds (3) does his supplementals about a unit or so behind where he is now, but for the early levels, there's no harm in waiting a bit. Many others do the IP and CWP once the level is complete as a review.

Also, do you recommend doing these along with the level you are on or waiting until you are at a higher level and then doing the lower level?

There are many different ways to use these -- we use them as we go, but we work one section behind the main text/workbook. For example, after we finish the section on fractions in the main books, we start doing the fractions sections of the IP/CWP, while at the same time working on the next topic in the main text/workbook. Make sense? We also use the Stds Ed, and sometimes the topics don't progress in the same order. It hasn't been a problem so far, though. We just search for the corresponding topic in the appropriate IP/CWP book, and go from there. Have fun!

Yes, I started ordering mine on the SM website before I remembered Rainbow Resource. I needed additional materials as well so I got everything in one swoop at RR. I also added some toys and resources on a whim and got the shipping free because I spent over $125.

I think someone on here mentioned the purchase amount is lowered over Christmas which makes me think I might need to see if I will be needed anything soon... :lol:

Thanks for the advice. I am looking at Singapore for DD next year.

I had a US friend buy the earlybird maths for me via the singapore site a few months back and the shipping to their address was $14.95!! I will be looking at RR's prices now.

OK. We are about a month away from finishing up McRuffy Color Math K (with the tweaking I have done on it). I am going to get Singapore 1A and 1B to start at the beginning of the year. I want to do the standards edition because I want the HIGs. I want the IP and CWP books as well. Can anyone tell me the best place to purchase this online? Thanks!!!

I got the IP and it was too intense. In other words, it was too hard. If I was going to use it, I would use it behind grade level. I don't believe in having children do a lot of seatwork at young ages, so filling in the workbooks, IP and CWP would be too much for us. We did enjoy looking at the 1A and 1B text books. My kids sometimes look at them for fun.