Menu

Christmas ideas--10 year old girl

I need some suggestions for my almost 10 year old dd for Christmas. She has plenty of barbies and things like that. She really doesn't need any more "toys". She has asked for a hamster, but it is not gonna happen. We have too many pets. She has not made any other suggestions. She is very creative and loves to draw. She also loves animals and horses.

Does anyone have any creative ideas for gifts for this age? Her birthday is also next month. Help!

Paula

I would get her some quality art supplies. :)

At that age, my dd loved the pretty teapot she got for her birthday. She still has it on her shelf. It came with a pretty dress and a coupon for an outing to tea. The day after Christmas, we dressed up and went to a fancy tea shop.

Maybe a g.c. for a horseback outing?

Cat

Does she like girly stuff?

My DD (9) was in Hobby Lobby yesterday and begged me for an atomizer. (One of those glass perfume bottles that has a long fancy cloth covered cord and hand pump thing.) She wants to put her fruit scent body mists in it.

Edited by Swirl

Does she wear jewelry? jewelry box or holder, mirror, jewelry

Girls this age LOVE gift cards. It's just empowering to have their own money to buy what they want. My dd is getting one to her favorite clothing store.

She's also getting fuzzy boots. I found these at Payless online. Also a sweater dress from WalMart, and some new jammies.

She is also getting some cool iPod speakers for her room.

Have you thought about science kits? Or a drawing set that would include a really nice sketch pad and colored pencils? What about a knitting or loom knit set? My dd got this last year and loved it.

Books?

Also, if she loves horses, could you start her a collection of those Breyer horses? Or a gift card for riding lessons? Or arranging for her to volunteer at a riding facility?

Music?

Do you have a michael's or ac moore near you? Both have online printable coupons for 40% off. Start collecting a variety of artsy things in a basket and don't limit it to sketching. If you start now, you'll save $$ by hitting the store once or twice a week.

My preteen and teen daughters love to get sculpy, waterbrushes (ac moore only, in the scrapbooking section), watercolors, art pads and journals. Last year my dd favorite was "Totally Tangled" by Bartholomew, a small art pad with spirals on top and a pack of sharpies. If she likes to sketch, she'll like the tangled books.

This link is not my dds, but just an image I found that is similar to what my dds like to do with waterbrushes and watercolors (cake kind as shown) in case you are not familiar with waterbrushes

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2152/2402428868_1678e1722e.jpg

My dd wants a lathe - she wants to make and sell wands for HP fans. She thinks it'd be a good little business. She also wants some tools for making metal jewelry. If your dd hasn't started creating with sculpty yet, now would be a good time. They can make some pretty creative things with it. A lap loom is also a good present for this age.

How about a Mandala Maker. My younger 3 boys like them and they use them to not only make Mandalas for themselves, but they like to make mandala books to give as presents.

My boys have the classic maker, not the pink one I listed. I only wish they sold the discs separately.

I linked Amazon, but it is cheaper at Rainbow Resources (Item 049049)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=deco+madala&x=0&y=0