Menu

Will we ever read everything we want to?

I am a reader. If I can't read, I can't live. So, I do a lot of readalouds with my kids, require them to read, and like to read my own stuff as much as possible. I have a typed list a mile long of books to buy and a bookshelf full of books waiting to be read (all to be read to my kids). Does anyone ever read everything they want to? Is there some fabulous tip that would help me do it? Every time I turn around, there's something new I want to read with them. I'm like a squirrel. Seriously.

Not.Possible.

Sorry. My 'to read' pile is about 75 books deep, yet I still pull out 'already read' books to read. When we start w/ MissB, I know it is going to get deeper!

I've had to resign myself to the fact that unless we get another 16-24hrs in the day, it is not going to happen.

I feel your pain!

When I go to the grocery store, I make sure to have a book with me and then I find the longest line available so I can squeeze in a few extra pages. Of course, my dd is only three, which means I can restrain her in the cart seat so she has no way to escape while I'm happily lost in whatever I'm currently reading. Don't know how that'll work when she's older. If you read the book to your kids, it could work.

Other than that, I've got nothing. Other than not sleeping.

There are many people who have read everything they want to.

The problem is that they don't want to read very much :P

I think, all in all, I'd rather have the problem of too much to read :)

I agree. Had a man at work tell me once that he had never read a book. I told him that was the saddest thing I had ever heard.