Menu

What "special needs" products have been worth gold?

rafiki

Scooter board - have used since ds was 3. Still find new things to do with it!

We have also had these and this beam since ds was 3 and use them at least once or twice a week. We sort of found them by accident at a local store here. They were a fantastic find for us.

Hand weight glove - ds didn't need to use this for long, but it made huge difference for him in judging the amount of force he needed for writing, and dressing. Was worth every penny.

weighted blanket from Salt of the Earth Weighted Gear

iPad

mini trampoline

Wii Fit, Outdoor Challenge, and other games that get him moving and jumping.

pencil grips

fountain pen

Startwrite software

Razor scooter so that he didn't feel left out when everyone else started riding a bike and he couldn't.

Storybook Weaver software for making and illustrating social stories. Best $4 I ever spent!! Wish this software was still available and updated for newer operating systems. If you have an older pc, I highly recommend this program!!! I purchased from ebay.

Man, my guy was super picky. I wasted so much on items that he would not use.

HWT was worth its' weight in gold for me.

The Balance Buddy. Wow. I really kinda sorta gently "forced" him to ride a bike early on and we bought a balance buddy to get rid of the training wheels and with the BB's success, the training wheels came off at 5. Bike riding has always been a great exercise for my guy.

Moving him into a queen size bed (quasi "product" huh?) at 3. Sleep troubles almost came to a complete stop.

The Red Lace, Yellow Lace : Learn to tie your shoe book.

SO what are you all finding on iPad that you love so much for our SN kiddos? I spend half of my day trying to get him off of any media so I am curious!!!