Menu

Frugal tip: Inexpensive way to make matching girl and AG doll pjs

My dd wanted matching pjs. She is 11, but is very tall so finding any affordable ready-made matching pjs wasn't working out. All the online sites were about $50 for both sets of matching pjs together. Ouch.

I decided to go to the store and find matching pjs in her size and the smallest size I could find. I plan on turning the size 3T pjs into American Girl Doll pjs that match my dd's! It cost $24 for everything which includes both pairs of pjs.

Of course, if you are a great seamstress you can just sew both sets yourself, but if not you can try this trick. This is how you take in clothes for the dolls: http://obsessivelystitching.blogspot.com/2009/06/baby-clothes-to-doll-clothes-tutorial.html

You can also keep an eye out at places like Kohl's. I got my daughter and her doll matching PJs last year around Christmas for $12. She was just thrilled.

Yes, In fact they are having a sale online right now, and they have a couple in our local store. I wish they made the gowns bigger. The largest size they carry is a 10, maybe a 12, and they run small. I have a very tall, slim 11 year old.

Why, oh why didn't I know about this years ago when my girls still played with their dolls?!?!? What a great idea!! :)

I know! After Christmas, I am going to take her to the thrift store and let her pick out baby clothes to remake into doll clothes.

Even Kmart sells the girl/doll matching clothing sets! PJ gowns sets are under $12 at the moment ;)

They really are popular right now so you can find them many places on sale.

Dollie & Me is another popular brand sold at Dillards, Kohls, and Sears.

The fancy Christmas dresses I bought for my girls include a doll dress too, and they can't wait to wear them!

But awesome idea, I might have to try it sometime!

My dd wanted matching pjs. She is 11, but is very tall so finding any affordable ready-made matching pjs wasn't working out. All the online sites were about $50 for both sets of matching pjs together. Ouch.

I decided to go to the store and find matching pjs in her size and the smallest size I could find. I plan on turning the size 3T pjs into American Girl Doll pjs that match my dd's! It cost $24 for everything which includes both pairs of pjs.

Of course, if you are a great seamstress you can just sew both sets yourself, but if not you can try this trick. This is how you take in clothes for the dolls: http://obsessivelystitching.blogspot.com/2009/06/baby-clothes-to-doll-clothes-tutorial.html

Is that your blog?? IT'S AWESOME!!!! TFS!!