Menu

Work Out 10/29

Need you ask?

Strength of Asylum and if I can make this switch work, Insanity.

Love it!

I did Plyo from Insanity. I loathe that workout. But, it's done!!!!

Running shoes. I have loved my Asics. I was told I needed very little support because I also don't under or over pronate. My next pair will be a minimal support pair - Nike Free Runs or those ugly barefoot ones. Have you been to a running store to see what they recommend for your foot?

Running shoes. I have loved my Asics. I was told I needed very little support because I also don't under or over pronate. My next pair will be a minimal support pair - Nike Free Runs or those ugly barefoot ones. Have you been to a running store to see what they recommend for your foot?

Yes, they said any "neutral" shoe.

I have a pair of non-running Asics and I like them so I've been looking at that brand. I'll check out Nike Free Runs.

Love it!

I did Plyo from Insanity. I loathe that workout. But, it's done!!!!

Killed Strength (although I was supposed to do this one yesterday).

I went down to San Diego to Road Runner Sports and they outfitted with a good shoe for running. I bought a neutral shoe for Insanity that I use with custom orthos. I had been pleased but just decided to give barefoot a try. I am about to do MIC again with no shoes. If I am still good, I will just continue barefoot.

I am considering those ugly, ugly Vibrams for outdoor martial arts training but I will never be convinced to run in them. Never.

I had a great day today! I ran with a friend running her first 5k this morning. It was so great to see her "graduate" c25k. A year ago we were both saying we'd never exercise for fun. I'm already registered/training for my first half marathon to celebrate my 40th birthday. She's already looking at schedules to pick her next 5k and even said she'd consider a 10k! :)

So it was an exciting 3 mile run today.

Tomorrow....gym.... I hope. Will someone call me and get me there? :)

I did my C25K workout (I'm stuck at the workout before the 20 min run...lol!), some upper body strength stuff, and elliptical for 15 minutes. Plantar fasciitis was acting up badly on the elliptical (every stride felt like it was tearing...owie) so I called it a day but I really needed more of a calorie burn to make up for all the Halloween candy!!!

I had a great day today! I ran with a friend running her first 5k this morning. It was so great to see her "graduate" c25k. A year ago we were both saying we'd never exercise for fun. I'm already registered/training for my first half marathon to celebrate my 40th birthday. She's already looking at schedules to pick her next 5k and even said she'd consider a 10k! :)

So it was an exciting 3 mile run today.

Tomorrow....gym.... I hope. Will someone call me and get me there? :)

Aw. This made me tear up. what a good friend you are.

And, I love the way you worded it - your "first" half marathon!!!! You can see how this is addictive!!!??? You CAN and WILL do it!!!!

Killed Strength (although I was supposed to do this one yesterday).

I went down to San Diego to Road Runner Sports and they outfitted with a good shoe for running. I bought a neutral shoe for Insanity that I use with custom orthos. I had been pleased but just decided to give barefoot a try. I am about to do MIC again with no shoes. If I am still good, I will just continue barefoot.

I am considering those ugly, ugly Vibrams for outdoor martial arts training but I will never be convinced to run in them. Never.

If you want barefoot shoes and find the Vibrams ugly there are other options.

I have the Merrell Pace Glove, here are other Merrell options.

New Balance

Nike

SJ

I love bodystep! Planning on doing that tomorrow. (Class today is 8 am. Too early for a cold wet Sat. morning.) Played tennis with the kids this pm and took them on a walk in the park.

Me too! Have you tried the new release (BodyStep 85) with the 7.5 min intervals in place of the party and speed steps? It is SO HARD!