Menu

Help! I need inexpensive, creative costume ideas for my 16 yo dd

Cut eyeholes in an old sheet...also great for anonymity.

Wear all black, or at least a black shirt and find kitty ears and paint on whiskers.

vampire teeth work with any outfit for an incognito vampire. The teeth can be cumbersome though for talking.

The kitty route would provide the most mobility.

My dd is going as Yenta from Fiddler on the Roof. Cane (a dowel from the sliding glass door), black scarf (borrowed from Grandma), black cloak (from last year's Joan of Arc costume), and black clothing (already in the closet). She also does the walk and the Yenta-isms--"Not every woman is a Yenta!"--so it's very entertaining.

Witch doctor: doctor's coat or scrubs, witch's hat.

Spelling bee: bee wings, antenna, random letters all over.

Tornado: pieces from a toy farm set randomly pinned on; batting stretched out to be storm clouds.

Toddlers and Tiaras contestant. My daughter went last year as Miss (insert our neighborhood name here) and was the hit of our n'hood party.

Terri

Where's Waldo this year - he already wears glasses, so we took a white shirt and used red duct tape for stripes, and a red hat I found at Target for $3 with a white pompom added.

My favorite costume ever was a girl I saw wearing a pink sweatsuit with a sneaker on her head. She was the gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe.

She could also go as a tourist w/ a Hawaiin shirt, shorts, sandals and a camera around her neck.