Menu

How deeply do you feel identified with your state

North.:001_smile: If I purchase it in the store, it is taylor pork roll, but if I order a sandwich in a deli, it's taylor ham, egg, and cheese on a hard roll, or maybe a bagel. I occasionally skip the egg and get it on a soft roll. So many ways to enjoy it!! (Just don't ruin it with ketchup!):D

central or north, right?

down here it's taylor pork roll ;) gotta love Jersey!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North.:001_smile: If I purchase it in the store, it is taylor pork roll, but if I order a sandwich in a deli, it's taylor ham, egg, and cheese on a hard roll, or maybe a bagel. I occasionally skip the egg and get it on a soft roll. So many ways to enjoy it!! (Just don't ruin it with ketchup!):D

amen and amen!

Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese on a bagel but only if I know the bagels are amazing. If it's a new deli then, of course, TH,E,C on a hard roll. :)

I am very proud to be a Southerner. I live in metro Atlanta- and I wear that as somewhat of a badge of honor- lol! While I will always be a Georgia-girl at heart, I could be happy living anywhere (and have lived outside of the South several times)... But I would much rather live in The South- any of the carolina's or Georgia is my preference :)

My dad went back into the Navy when I was 6. So I guess technically I'm from Louisiana, since I lived there my first 6 years, and my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. back to the 1710s in some cases all lived there. But I don't really have a locational identity -- a stronger one for the places I lived as a child than those that I've lived as an adult (dh and I have stayed mobile, almost as mobile as the Navy kept me as a child). Most of those places were in the South (SC, VA on several occasions each, though my dad was also stationed repeatedly in RI and in NJ and DC as well) so combined with my origin, I'm more of a Southerner than a Westerner (spent most of my adult life in CO/WA/UT). I really don't have much identity tied to my current location (other than it being back in the south, mostly), but we've only been here 2-3 years.

Edited by higginszoo