Menu

How can I make salsa less hot?

I didn't know what kind of peppers I had (from our CSA box, just said "hot peppers") and my salsa is too hot. I will add more tomatoes, to dilute the whole thing, but are there any other tricks? Thanks!

(btw, typing with burning fingers, because I also didn't know they were the kind of peppers that need gloves when you cut them:tongue_smilie:)

I'd just make a second batch of salsa without the peppers and blend in the hot batch until you get the flavor you want. You can use the surplus to make chili if you need to use it up.

That's kind of what I was thinking, just add more of the other stuff, and I do need to use up more tomatoes. Chili is a good idea too - thanks!

I'd just make a second batch of salsa without the peppers and blend in the hot batch until you get the flavor you want. You can use the surplus to make chili if you need to use it up.

Probably 90% - they were tiny, so some got through.

Yeah, if the chiles are that hot, then I would make more salsa and mix in the hot batch.