Menu

Say a prayer

About half an hour ago I needed the nurse to come to my class for a 9th grade student who was potentially having cardiac issues (symptoms were there and he was able to tell me he has an appt with a cardiac doctor for evaluation next month).

If you're the praying type...

This is something I really don't want to have to see again. Give me academic or even behavioral issues anytime. I've dealt with seizures before. Cardiac is in another realm.

I just had a chance to check on him and he's doing ok. There's only so much I can know due to the health issues aspect, but the nurse told me this student does have ongoing possible cardiac issues that are still in the process of being diagnosed. This morning he had an "episode" but not a heart attack. She says he's fine (considering) though does have a [known] heart murmur. His doctor has been notified - parents too, of course. That's all I'm going to be able to know.

Thanks for the prayers. It was definitely a scary situation for both me and him. (He told me [this morning] that nothing like this has ever happened to him before.) The other kids were gems and assisted when asked (carrying his things to the nurse - carrying "stuff" for the nurse - not actually assisting medically!) and kept out of the way otherwise.