Menu

Why would you do that??!!!!

My 12 year old son apparently thought he was having some issue with Safari on the computer. So he put it in the trash and emptied the trash. :confused:

Gone gone gone.

The problem is the computer has many many many issues and I cannot download anything. So Safari is permanently gone. I can't access any of my bookmarks. :confused:

Uggh.

I am using a very old version of Firefox. I hope nothing goes wrong with it.

Um.. wow. You're pretty calm! :)

Do you, by chance, have recovery discs for the computer? They could let you restore your computer to factory condition, BUT, you need to make sure you get all your important things to a place where you can access them again. That's the only thing I can think of to do.

Gotta ask - Mac or Windows?

And if it's a Windows PC, did he drag the whole folder for Safari from the C drive into the Recycle bin? Or just the icon on the Desktop?

Because if it's just the desktop icon, then safari is still there - probably under c:\Program Files\Safari or some equally obvious place. You should be able to open My Computer, then open the C Drive, then Program Files and find the folder for Safari. Locate the program Safari.exe and copy it to the desktop again.....

If it's a Mac, you would need help from the mac experts......

And if it's a Windows PC, did he drag the whole folder for Safari from the C drive into the Recycle bin? Or just the icon on the Desktop?

Because if it's just the desktop icon, then safari is still there - probably under c:\Program Files\Safari or some equally obvious place. You should be able to open My Computer, then open the C Drive, then Program Files and find the folder for Safari. Locate the program Safari.exe and copy it to the desktop again.....

Summary: If it's a PC, it's no big deal. If it's a Mac, start praying to the Apple God. :D

Well, she did say the computer has many, many issues, which can only mean it's a Windows PC. ;) :lol:

:grouphug: OP. You're a lot calmer than I would be.

LOL Sorry OP, but the rest of the posts crack me up. ;) Seriously though, it's gotta be something with that age. My oldest ds tries to "fix" his PC laptop all the time....constantly messing it up and my PC expertise has gotten rusty. Loving the Mac.

Seriously though, here's a video on how to recover deleted files on a Mac. ;)