Menu

The world has lost a funny, funny man.

Oh, now that is just really, really sad.

I can remember watching him on The Carol Burnett Show when I was a little girl.

Wow.

Oh, how my brother, my sisters and I LOVED the Carol Burnett Show!

My husband and I just recently watched a Biography style show on one of the cable channels about Carol Burnett. Mr. Korman was featured, and we laughed and laughed over our favorite Carol Burnett Show memories.

These deaths always come in threes... why is that. First Dick Martin, then Sidney Pollock, and now Harvey Korman. The celebrities of my childhood are beginning to pass. I feel old...:confused:

High Anxiety anyone?

Yes. I was telling *anj* in another thread that I used to worry when I was a child that the world would some day be without the talents of Bill Cosby (we, my entire family, really love him). It was a terrible revelation for me.

When these entertainers that I have loved and laughed with for so many years pass, I feel terribly sad. And old.

Yes. I was telling *anj* in another thread that I used to worry when I was a child that the world would some day be without the talents of Bill Cosby (we, my entire family, really love him). It was a terrible revelation for me.

When these entertainers that I have loved and laughed with for so many years pass, I feel terribly sad. And old.

I mis-heard a TV report once when I was 12 or 13, I'd say, and I thought Andy Griffith had died. I had to sit down and I just cried and ached. I got choked up just reading about that bad thing you just said (that won't ever happen to Bill Cosby). :(

I got choked up just reading about that bad thing you just said (that won't ever happen to Bill Cosby). :(

I am so glad to know that, Andie. You can't imagine how it changes my life to know that he will always be here.

I know.

And I'm just holding my breath for Carol Burnett, because I will seriously have to retreat to my sick bed.

And then Jenny just mentioned "High Anxiety" which gave me a knot in the stomach thinking of Mel Brooks.

sadeyes.gif

Oh, now that is just really, really sad.

I can remember watching him on The Carol Burnett Show when I was a little girl.

Wow.

Do you remember when he and Carol played Ed and Eunice, while Vicky Lawrence played Mama? And there was the spin-off show from that called Mama's Family.

My sisters and I used to laugh until we hurt watching those skits.

I loved The Carol Burnett Show.

Do you remember when he and Carol played Ed and Eunice, while Vicky Lawrence played Mama? And there was the spin-off show from that called Mama's Family.

My sisters and I used to laugh until we hurt watching those skits.

I loved The Carol Burnett Show.

Monopoly!

One of my favorite CB shows was "Gone with the Wind"

Carol says of her dress (made out of the curtains) that she just saw it in the window.

If TV today were more like CB, we'd watch. As it is our TV is never on during prime time.

I do remember. It was so funny. The adult parts went right over my head and it was basically just a funny family show. It's really too bad they aren't making shows like that anymore.

Am I officially and old geezer now?