Menu

Ponyo supper

Exactly *what* is Ponyo? Would my girls like it? Would *I* allow it? We do not really allow shows that call names (loser, stupid, dumb...I feel it just encourages children to do the same). What is it about?

Ponyo is super sweet. I can't recall any name calling.

It's based on the Little Mermaid- the real one, not Disney. It's the story of a little girl from the sea falling in love with life above and a sweet boy.

My girls adore it.

I haven't had to do that particular meal, but given that I've made spaghetti tacos (iCarly), and fish fingers with custard (Doctor Who) for the kids, it's only a matter of time, isn't it? ;)

Hm, come to think of it, maybe the food in Ponyo is just way too normal... ;)

"All she thinks about is HAM!"

I haven't had to do that particular meal, but given that I've made spaghetti tacos (iCarly), and fish fingers with custard (Doctor Who) for the kids, it's only a matter of time, isn't it? ;)

Hm, come to think of it, maybe the food in Ponyo is just way too normal... ;)

"All she thinks about is HAM!"

:lol:

Ponyo is super sweet. I can't recall any name calling.

It's based on the Little Mermaid- the real one, not Disney. It's the story of a little girl from the sea falling in love with life above and a sweet boy.

My girls adore it.

Thanks! My 4 year old loves the Disney version of the Little Mermaid....maybe she'd like this too. We may try it out. I think I saw it on Instant on Netflix.

We were not big fans either. My kids never requested it a second time...I was glad

I couldn't wrap my brain around kids "in love". Even if I had the magical power to change my child's species- I don't think I would do it the first time they fall in love -- especially at the age of 5.

And Liam Neeson's character really creeped me out. :tongue_smilie: