Menu

Need gift ideas for 3yo dear niece.

My little sweetie niece just turned 3 last month and I have no idea what to get her for her birthday. SIL really doesn't have any ideas either. I have two boys and they are both 10&12, so a girl age 3 is completely out of my range of experience without help.

Any ideas would be welcome, and links would be even better.

ETA: My budget is about $25. Thanks!

Blessings,

Angela

Edited by A.J. at J.A.

I agree with playsilks! Also play food, the Harvest Time game, Hi-Ho Cherry-o, Play-Doh and activity sets (the ice cream parlor has been very popular here for a long time), Melissa & Doug kitchen sets (the birthday cake, ice cream set, and cookie set got tons of mileage here)... I'm dredging my memory! I loved going to the Magic Cabin and Hearthsong catalogs and browsing to spark my imagination. I'll post more as I think of ideas.

Make believe stuff is great! My sister got a trunk from the thrift store, put silver contact paper on the inside with sticker stars, and bought a few things for the inside and we still have it when mine was 3! I have a boy but a girl would love that too. You could make a magic wand cheap with a dowel I bet, maybe some pieces of fabric for capes or picnics, plastic necklaces, etc.

Mine love playdough though too if you are feeling less like making something:lol:

We bought our 2 yr old these Mega Blocks from Amazon last Christmas. I have children ranging from 2.5 to 7, both boys and girls, and they all love playing with them. I think we bought them for around $15ish and I recently saw them at that price, so the price fluctuates. They do come in more girlie colors if it matters to you.

My other idea was child size binoculars with a neck strap. All of my kids have loved theirs.

ETA: Dress-up clothes are always great. Strawberry Shortcake or My Little Ponies work well too.

Edited by ChrisB

A play vet kit. if she's girly a tutu or dressup clothes. My 2 1/2 year old and 4 year old love dressing up in princess costumes. I picked up a blue princess dress about this time last year at costco and the girls fight over it. I'm not sure if they have them again this year. Both girls also play pet doctor all the time so a cute toy vet or doctor kit would be loved.

Christine

A tea set!

Metal for daily use. Or, fancy china/porcelain for special occasions. If she doesn't have a set yet, get a metal one.

Like this: http://www.amazon.com/Alex-Painted-Piece-Carry-Suitcase/dp/B000OQW4GS

I've bought two of these over the years (my daugther, and a niece) and BOTH are still in great shape, despite using for real food, and frequent use.

I just got my 2 year old neice a pink "purse" backback and a my little pony book for her birthday.

I like giving non toy gifts. Hair bows, books, clothes, shoes, a craft.... the reason being is everyone will get her toys, and ultimatly you want her FAVORITE gift to be what momma and daddy got her. (imo) so getting something she will enjoy and maybe even needs is a better option then getting a show stopping gift. Thats just kind of how I feel after having my own child.

Kitchen toys (play pots, pans, bakeware)

Dress up clothes

Doll stroller if she likes dolls and doesn't have one

Little People (doll house or something fun like that)

I'm such a book geek that I like to give books that we've enjoyed. A favorite picture book, maybe an early reader or two like Go Dog Go. We have a used bookstore where I can find a lot of "classics" in paperback for not a lot of money. A hardback is nice for a favorite keepsake, but just for sharing the love of reading, a bunch of great paperbacks is good even if they won't last forever.