Menu

So, where did you do schoo today???

After a run to the pediatrician, we grabbed the books and headed to Qdoba's (a Mexican place) and did school sitting under their umbrellas. I got to sip tea, the drinking kind, and do lessons. It was great!

So, where did you do school today?

And where is your favorite away-from-home place to do school?

We did school at home today. But, our favorite away-from-home place to do school is Chuck E. Cheese. :) During the day, we are usually the only ones there (with the exception of really young kids). I can let my littles run and play while working with my oldest. And when the work is done, they can play, too! I will typically use the tokens as rewards/incentives for a job well done and no attitude. Works like a charm...but we don't always have the $ to do it. :tongue_smilie:

In the car, to and from DD's lab science class. However, DD has been "playing" school all afternoon with her stuffed dragons, so I think she's hit every subject that we might have missed on our theoretical "light day" :)

We've had several great school days at Steak and Shake (because it's right next to the car repair place). No one is there during the day, breakfast is cheap, and DD loves it.

My dd wanted to begin school this week but her brothers who go to PS don't start back until next Tuesday. We just got back from a long vacation and I have been trying to get the house in order, making sure the boys have everything they need for school, etc...so our days are a bit crazy.

So, all this week, she has been doing school in the car while at the football field watching middle ds practice for 2 hours in the evenings. The car or in the waiting room at wrestling practice are our usually places to get schoolwork done (sometimes we do it at home and start the next day's work in the evening waiting for the boys to practice something). We occasionally do school at a coffee shop or outside at our house.

A friend and I ended up watching each other's kids (at her house) so we could take turns running errands on our own. Her oldest is in ps and the rest are still too young for school. My DD6 read a superhero easy reader to the little boys (not her choice but they just have boys!) and history got covered by looking at pictures, papyrus, hieroglyphs, an Arab headdress and other clothing, Arabic writing, and some other things that my friend had from a trip to Egypt 10 years ago. We're back home now and we'll try to squeeze in some math, spelling, grammar, science and cursive before the day is over. We'll spend a few hours in the car this weekend so I think we're going to try to get ahead with STOW and some suggested read alouds in the car.

We have a weekly Starbucks School day. We go in around 10am, get drinks, and stay until we're hungry for lunch. We usually do this at the end of the week when they or I need to catch up on work, so that we're away from the distractions of home (chores, computer LOL).

Today we did school at Starbucks, and then at the library. I just did a thorough house clean and didn't want to be home today to mess it up :D it just makes me feel better to know the 'clean' lasted for at least part of one day, even if I'm not physically present to actually enjoy it!

My son had co-op today, and so spent his afternoon in classes there. I know that I saw him in the floor in our school room for at least part of his reading this morning....

We regularly sit on the couch in the den to go over logic and for any reading aloud that I'm doing (just did logic today). He will also often sit in the den to read on his own. Yesterday, he read in bed and kept his pj's on until school was out because we didn't have to go anywhere all day....

We have also taken books to lunch with us in past and read over our food. Many places are too loud for that anymore, however, with intrusive music blaring.... We did our Tuesday science this week (with a friend) over our kitchen table and at a table set up out in the garage. We school all over!

We didn't do school today, because we don't start until Tuesday. But I'm sure jealous of you being at Qdobo's today!! I ate there once, and have never stopped dreaming of it since. yummmmmmmmmm Unfortunately, there are none in Canada. :glare:

Despite not doing "real" school yet, my daughter just got her subscription to Mark Kistler's art lessons online, and she immediately got addicted to the drawing lessons and did six in a row today. :)