Menu

Has anyone used the high school history DVDs from Teaching Co.?

We liked them, but I used them as a pacing tool and review tool. The kids enjoyed them. We watched them on Mondays and they would do the corresponding reading the rest of the week. We'd also discuss together on Mondays. I think you'd probably want your kids to read a history text as well as the DVDs.

:iagree: My older kids find Linwood's approach demeaning. We just aren't much into any sort of entertainment factor in our approach. :tongue_smilie: However, they appreciate the college lectures.

Linwood's course was one of the first TC lectures I purchased even though we wouldn't be getting to it until this year. You warned me on a later thread that you didn't think Swimmer Dude would appreciate them. We watched the first one the other day. Sadly, you were so right. "Mom, are you sure this is a TC lecture?" Unfortunately, that other US history set isn't in the budget as it is $199 on sale! Yikes. We'll be sticking with books this year.

For high school, we have all of the early math lectures: Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry. They have been helpful.

Linwood's course was one of the first TC lectures I purchased even though we wouldn't be getting to it until this year. You warned me on a later thread that you didn't think Swimmer Dude would appreciate them. We watched the first one the other day. Sadly, you were so right. "Mom, are you sure this is a TC lecture?" Unfortunately, that other US history set isn't in the budget as it is $199 on sale! Yikes. We'll be sticking with books this year.

For high school, we have all of the early math lectures: Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry. They have been helpful.

I'm sorry they aren't a fit. You might consider returning them for a refund. Those lectures and the CS Lewis lectures are the only ones I have been really disappointed in. I did listen to the Lewis lectures w/my dd and they lead to some wonderful discussions about where we completely disagree w/everything he states. :tongue_smilie: So, at least we got something out of them. I just can't even sit through Linwood.