Menu

Favorite mascara?

Apparently, my mascara is making my eyelashes fall out. Not tons, but enough. My eye doctor said it happens sometimes to women who wear mascara. I currently wear the mascara in the pink tube. :tongue_smilie: Please give me some ideas of mascara to try and if you've had the same issues that I am having.

maybe you should try a hypo allergenic type like Almay or something? I'm sure the natural types are better.

I'm not sure if it's the mascara itself or if you're using it too long. Think of how unsanitary it is to use the same brush over and over on your moist eyes.

I don't think I am using it for too long. I wear contacts and I am pretty particular about mascara, etc. I have never had issues until recently.

I recently started using Cover Girl Natureluxe. I like it because it gives my eyes a bit of definition but doesn't make my eyelids itch--CG uses beeswax instead of synthetic binding ingredients. Its water-resistant not waterproof though. Almay and Neutragena are supposed to be mild as well.

Volume Express by Maybelline. However, I have ridiculously long eyelashes naturally and only use one very light coat. If you've already had problems with Great Lash, I'd try a different manufacturer. Look into Almay, Neutrogena, Physician's Formula or the expensive department store stuff for something hypo-allergenic.

I once heard on some TV documentary that pretty much all mascaras eventually cause lashes to fall out, hence why men generally have longer lashes as they age than women :confused:. I used to always wear mascara and no longer do. Not for that reason. I just don't wear make up anymore.

When I did wear make up, my absolute favorite mascara was one made by Christian Dior. Incredible quality. Never made my lashes hard or brittle. Very silky. Amazing stuff.

I would also recommend going to Paula Begoun's books and/or her website. She knows her stuff and gives great recommendations.

For the longest time I used Kiss Me mascara (though it's now known as blinc) and loved it. It doesn't paint your lashes, but puts little tubes on them that slide off easily with water and soap. It looks like your eye lashes are coming off, but it's really the tubes. My lashes were in great shape when I used it. It's higher priced, and once I quit my job I stopped using it, but I've bought probably 15 different mascaras looking for one that I like and realized I spent far more money than I would have if I'd just bought the mascara I loved. D'oh!