Menu

Read this in the news

Your link didn't quite work.

Here is one from another source.

the controversial clothing line that features underwear styles borrowed from adult lingerie trends for girls from three months to young teenagers,

Yes, that says ages three months to teen.

The photos there are a bit over the top.

Edited by Parrothead

considering how long itty bitty baby bikini's have been sold, along with the streetwalker fashion aimed at three-year olds, this is hardly surprising. (and maternity wear meant to "celebrate" the bump by exposing it. puh-leeeease.)

My girls never shopped the teen's dept, as it was all but impossible to find modest items. e.g. tight shirts so thin you can see through them

this is just one more step in a long line of atrocious and inappropriate clothing items marketed to chlidren. (boys seem to be "gang" themed.)

parents who purchase such items must really treasure their daughters in treating them like a piece of meat. /sarc.

Edited by gardenmom5

Okay the pictures are awful. But looking at the actual items on the site, they are all more conservative than what is in my local Target.

Oh thank you! I thought I was the only one with that opinion. I wore camisoles like that when I was little and the underwear look just like Hanes with a bit of itchy lace sewn on. I even had a bra like that in 6th grade so I wouldn't be the only one without one. I wouldn't have blinked if that was a catalog, although it is a weird ad to put in an adult magazine (unless it's like Woman's Day or Good Housekeeping???)

Guest submarines

The photographs do sexualise children, and are disgusting. However the actual underwear, at least what's shown, is cute and modest. I wonder if this is a publicity stunt, that uses little kids. Because honestly, who'd be talking about this underwear line otherwise?

And even though I really like the underwear pictured, I wouldn't be buying from this line because of the inappropriate advertisment campaing.