Menu

A negative is a negative, right? - Female Content

TEST AGAIN!! I want to know! LOL!

No really...we have 4 kids and can't 'afford' the ones we have and i'd LOVE another one! Thankfully my baby is newly turned 1 and still nursing around the clock to keep af away :)

Keep us updated...i'll be refreshing every 5 minutes!

I forgot to add the gassiness I've had for over a week (definitely more significant than normal) and that fact that DS's poop (in the toilet - yay!) made me want to throw up today.

What is it about little boys that makes their poo smell so horrific?

Good News: Nasty poo in the toilet is SO much easier to deal with than in underwear.

My negatives are 2.5 and 1 (the 1 year old was even tested for at the hospital as I was in for surgery). My OB told me of a woman that tested negative even during labor, so yeah, not very helpful there right?

I hope you find out for sure soon. It's amazing how we can dig in and find a way to raise another, even when it looks like we shouldn't be able to.

I am sure you don't want to hear this: but actually it is far more likely to have a false negative than a false positive. It has to do with the pregnnancy hormone levels. Maybe that has been said before here . . . sorry if it has.

My negative is turning 8 in one week. I took a test about a week after I was late- negative. About a week after that- positive.

God bless you as you wait. I had an unexpected number 3 and I think I took about 10 tests to make sure it wasn't a false positive. It wasn't and she has my husband (who was pretty nervous about another one) wrapped around her four-year-old finger! :tongue_smilie:

I I boxed up clothing and started giving it away. We bought another set of bunk beds and got rid of the crib and changing table. Three days later I missed my cycle and a test turned up positive (mine are always positive by the 28 day mark). .

I held onto my stuff; diapers, crib, cradle, for a decade before finally getting rid of it. I got pregnant two months later.

So those of you with living "negatives" - how late were you when you got your "negative"?

There was one type of test I took that didn't give me a positive (and it was a really LIGHT positive) until I was 7 weeks pregnant.

I did get a positive on a digital test before that though.

So those of you with living "negatives" - how late were you when you got your "negative"?

With this pregnancy it took me 3 weeks to get a positive, the only reason I kept testing is because my period hadn't shown up and the smell of diesel made me gag, both of which were not normal for me.

:grouphug:

There was one type of test I took that didn't give me a positive (and it was a really LIGHT positive) until I was 7 weeks pregnant.

I did get a positive on a digital test before that though.

5 days, but the blood test that day was positive. I left on vacation for two weeks the next day, so I stopped POAS.

I tested again this morning.....still negative as far as I can tell. But no AF, and this makes 37-38 days now - a good week late. My gut says it should be a BFP. Most of my "symptoms" can be explained away by other things, but a few cannot.

Those of you who had similar experiences and did end up being pregnant, did you get positive results within a normal time frame with your other children? I've always gotten positives before I was even late with my other kids.

I tested again this morning.....still negative as far as I can tell. But no AF, and this makes 37-38 days now - a good week late. My gut says it should be a BFP. Most of my "symptoms" can be explained away by other things, but a few cannot.

Those of you who had similar experiences and did end up being pregnant, did you get positive results within a normal time frame with your other children? I've always gotten positives before I was even late with my other kids.

Time for a blood test?

With my others I always got a positive by the time my period was due. I don't know what was different about the pregnancy I couldn't get positives for. It was normal and she is a healthy kid. I got a blood test at 5 days late because I wanted to know for sure and I was leaving town for two weeks at 7 days late. Can you go get a blood test?

I did get a positive with the other kids. However, I have also had AF delayed by a full month due to stress, when it is normally EXTREMELY regular. So. You never know. :grouphug::grouphug: I'd wait a week, and then test again if nothing happens. Give your body some time with how stressed you have been lately (from your posts).

DS was a natural cycle IUI, so 14-days post IUI I tested on HPT and got a negative (so that was day my cycle was going to start if I wasn't pregnant).....day 2 negative, day 3 I could swear it was a faint positive, day 4 negative, day 5 negative....day six blood test and my hCG was good (+), day 8 betas doubled. I didn't HPT on day 6 or 8 since I was having the blood tests.