Menu

Hand-held electronic games for ds3

We have been having serious potty training woes here with ds3.5. He has tremendous anxiety about it. The OT says we are doing everything she would suggest. The only thing she could offer was that maybe a handheld electronic game would be a significant enough distraction to help him to sit on the potty long enough to get everything in the potty that rightfully belongs there. :tongue_smilie:

No I personally really hate those things, and I have in the past told my kids that they will never be allowed in my house. When friends come over with them, they are put away for the duration of the visit. But we are very desperate. Can anyone suggest something that would work for a 3.5yo that is very good with the computer, loves trucks and sports, knows his alphabet and single-letter phonics and can count nearly to 100?

Do you have an iphone or other smartphone? there are tons of apps that kids love.

I mean, yes, your iphone is now in the vicinity of the potty chair, but he probably won't drop it in :lol:

If you don't have one, I'd seriously consider buying an itouch before a Leapster or such. They are more money upfront, but much more versatile, and apps are WAY cheaper than games. As in, the cost quickly equals out.

Do you have an iphone or other smartphone? there are tons of apps that kids love.

I mean, yes, your iphone is now in the vicinity of the potty chair, but he probably won't drop it in :lol:

If you don't have one, I'd seriously consider buying an itouch before a Leapster or such. They are more money upfront, but much more versatile, and apps are WAY cheaper than games. As in, the cost quickly equals out.

:lol:

No iphone or smartphone here. In fact, I don't even know what an itouch is. I don't think it will be long before the paleontologists are digging us up. :lol:

:iagree:

I'm SO glad we went with touches over other gaming things.

I agree that an itouch would be more versatile and generally better, but come on! It's gonna be held by a three year old boy, on the POTTY! No way would I give him a smart phone or any gaget like that. Leapsters are a bit more, um, durable, larger, less slippery, and not as much money up front. It wouldn't take that many games to entertain a 3 yr old. One would probably do it. :)

:grouphug: Good luck. I hate potty training.

Yes, the ipad will have tons of the same cool apps. If your son can hold it comfortably, I'd give it a try.

Okay, I think I will check out the ipad apps. The ipad is new enough to dh that he can probably do without it for a couple of weeks. If that doesn't work out, I'll look at Leapster and v-tech. There is no way I am getting an itouch, though. I wouldn't know what to do with it. :tongue_smilie:

Okay, I think I will check out the ipad apps. The ipad is new enough to dh that he can probably do without it for a couple of weeks. If that doesn't work out, I'll look at Leapster and v-tech. There is no way I am getting an itouch, though. I wouldn't know what to do with it. :tongue_smilie:

Don't worry about that; your 3-yr-old would have it figured out in no time!