Menu

We had planned to do physics this year...

...and there is no money left to buy it. :tongue_smilie: We've just had too many unexpected expenses, mostly with dd18 starting college. Just today she went to buy her French book and it cost $250.00! So, if you were me, what would you do for physics with grades 7 and 8? We really wanted to have fun with science this year. TIA!

If you can squeeze out about $25, Mr Q's physics is surprisingly thorough - we were given a review copy and I was fully expecting it to be too "young" for my daughter, but even my already-took-physics, already-graduated 18 year old has picked up a few things...he mysteriously appears when we start working on it. Experiments are listed in the teacher's manual.

Another possibility - I wonder if Sing N Learn or similar companies have physics set to song? Something like Lyrical Life Science, but physics?

...and there is no money left to buy it. :tongue_smilie: We've just had too many unexpected expenses, mostly with dd18 starting college. Just today she went to buy her French book and it cost $250.00! So, if you were me, what would you do for physics with grades 7 and 8? We really wanted to have fun with science this year. TIA!

How about your library? Ours has books like The Science of Disney Imagineering, Physics: Why Matter Matters!, etc. You will probably find more than you can cover in yr.

The old (and I think better) versions of Prentice Hall science Explorer can be had for .01 cent plus shipping! Three small books cover the same physics topics: Sound and Light, Electricity and Magnetism, and Motion Forces and Energy.

http://www.amazon.com/Prentice-Hall-Science-Sound-Light/dp/0134232860/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312903124&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Prentice-Hall-Science-Electricity-Magnetism/dp/0134233441/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1312903254&sr=1-4

http://www.amazon.com/Motion-Forces-Student-Prentice-Science/dp/0134020413/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1312903322&sr=1-7

Do you have a decent library? We did physics last year with a list of books (that included experiments) and the internet(I used a lot of Bill Nye videos).

If you would like I can PM you the scope I used last year. It has a lot of things I didn't use on it (like the TOPS) but it went over really well here.