Menu

Graduation gifts?

$25 per graduate. I was at a graduation party a couple years ago, and a friend of mine asked how much I gave. When I told her, she thought that was generous, as she had given him less.

I think each person should give what they feel they can, and if the recipient doesn't like it, that is their problem. Although, I think any cash is always welcome by someone graduating from high school. :D

I generally give cash - $20 - and, if I can find one, a copy of How to Study in College, even if it's used (but clean). It's a book I didn't discover until after I had completed college, and I wished I had read it before my freshman year!

I only give $25 per graduate. I was at a graduation party a couple years ago' date=' and a friend of mine asked how much I gave. When I told her, she thought that was generous, as she had given him less.

I think each person should give what they feel they can, and if the recipient doesn't like it, that is their problem. Although, I think any cash is always welcome by someone graduating from high school. :D[/quote']

That is what we give, too, either in the form of a check or gift card.

You all are very generous. I am impressed.

This year I got take out looking boxes, put real fortune cookies in them, made my own fortunes from quotes and Bible verses and put a check in the box with pretty paper among the little colorful "fortunes".

I think I will do the How to study in college book next year tho. Sounds simpler.

Ronda