Menu

Dads of homeschoolers?

I don't have any help, but dh is planning to be pretty involved with educating daughter. She is only a year now and we both spend tons of time with her. Since he is a contractor he goes through times when he works and times when he is unemployed so he gets to spend a significant amount of time with us when he unemployed.

Good question but I do not know of any. :lurk5:

I do not mind it around here...most of the time.

We could start a Social Group on this board.

That is an excellent idea. Then you guys can pm each other and secretly eye roll at us females (you know you do it). :lol:

Could somebody point me toward a message board for homeschooling dads? Seems like most of the homeschooling sites (like this one) that I have visited are oriented toward moms... Hoping to find somewhere I fit in better, KWIM?

Maybe, but if such a board exists, its membership would probably be mostly liberal and egalitarian. :D

I know it can be off-putting when people assume a homeschooling parent is a MOM. My husband would be more likely to show up on boards in the first place if the reaction to him IRL was not usually “How nice of you to help, what do you do for a living?†(He teaches math and science and art to our daughter.) If you start something, you might get people like him who don’t participate now.

Did you start a social group? My dh might join (or might not, depending on his fancy) He's just started "Dad Schooling" on Sundays and is trying to get a feel for it. The first "class" was last weekend and involved the three of them getting covered in shaving cream from head to toe, :D inspired by this blog: http://playathomemom3.blogspot.com/ At the moment he is being happy that I suggested the idea and gave him a starting point, but ever so slightly grumpy that he is doing what I say because he wants to do it his way. But of course it takes longer than a week to figure out what his way is going to be.

I don't know what's on the agenda for this Sunday, but if it involves mess, I'm sure there will be great photos for our blogs :lol:

Rosie