Menu

When you hear of others having babies, do you

Up until I got pregnant this time that was exactly what I thought.

*sigh*

Oh well. :001_smile:

Ha! I was going to say this exact same thing. This is also how I felt before #3! Thankfully there's some switch that goes off that makes me excited once it happens, even if it's the last thing I was thinking of doing before I've gone and done it. ;)

Actually, when #2 was really little it was soooo hard (he was extremely high needs, and it was an extremely difficult time for me) that I found myself feeling stressed and sorry for pregnant women. I never said that to anyone of course, but I certainly was happy to share with any friend that asked whether or not they should be rushing off to have #2. I'm glad that has passed and I can get back to a more joyful feeling when I see a pregnant woman or a baby. :D

For the first time, yes. I am glad we are done. My 5th and final pregnancy was very hard and I'm feeling like I'm at capacity in terms of parenting.

I do delight in pregnancy announcements, round bellies and new babies though -- I just think new life is so beautiful and precious! I would NEVER say "better you than me" or anything like that... I remember people saying that and I think it's so annoying. Honestly a pregnant lady does not care that you aren't interested in being pregnant again, and she doesn't want to know you're glad it's not you! Sheesh.

I never thought of it that way. I don't want to birth another baby, but I do love to hear about friends who are expecting them. My first thought is most often, 'How exciting!"

I get very excited for them, but it no longer makes me long for another. It's a wonderful time of life, but I'm past it, and I'm good with that. :001_smile:

I never thought of it that way. I don't want to birth another baby, but I do love to hear about friends who are expecting them. My first thought is most often, 'How exciting!"

Exactly this! I just get so excited knowing a new baby/life is on its way! I get my fix in the church nursery, and I'm always the one cooing at them in the grocery store....I love the look in a new parent's eyes when you tell them how precious their baby is...love love love new babies!! Brings out the best in most!

think to yourself, "I'm so glad it's not me!" :D

Seriously, I'm happy for all of you pregnant moms, and moms with newborns, but I SO do not want to go back to that time. Give me teenage angst, and little league, but don't make me go back to sleepless nights and potty training!

Guess that's how you know you're done-done. :tongue_smilie:

Yes! Happy for them, not envious in the least.

It's a nice contented feeling. :001_smile: