Menu

What would you do?

How long has it been? Did you pay for priority mail or was it sent media mail?

If it was media mail, then it can take up to 6 weeks to arrive. I realize that's outside most people's experiences, but I have personally received something 6 weeks after the postmarked date.

How long has it been? Did you pay for priority mail or was it sent media mail?

If it was media mail, then it can take up to 6 weeks to arrive. I realize that's outside most people's experiences, but I have personally received something 6 weeks after the postmarked date.

6 weeks, 4 days for one $4 book once. By the time it came, we were long over it. But that wasn't the seller's fault. It was mine for not requesting and paying for Priority.

It has been 4 months now, I paid with personal check.

After waiting for 2 months, I was finaly told , she got the books undelivered since she mailed books at wrong address ( which she might have picked from the check I posted her, that was my old address printed on cheque), Was it my fault there ??

She promised me to mail them right away at my new address.

but never recieved till date.

I have left 100s of messages for her, but I dont hear anything back from her, even though her user profile shows her alst activity past two days.

it has been 4 months , i mailed her check, and feels cheated now

Even though the amount was small, but still ethics first??

With all the posts from people getting ripped off here... I am now only buying my books from amazon.com or betterworldbooks.com. I think there is another supplier I have bought from, but I can't remember anymore.

So far with amazon, I have not had any problems buying stuff from them. When I buy something used through amazon, I have gotten the issues resolved with full refunds including shipping.

Recently I had an issue with some computer memory chips for Ds. The company sent me the wrong ones. I emailed them thru amazon and some hassles with the company (I send them the wrong items via prepaid shipping and they received them, but some reason they thought I said I was not returning items... I never called them, only emails, and none of my emails said I was keeping items), this went on about 4 weeks, but once I filed the complaint with amazon, I got my refund in 24 hrs.

Please do not allow this posting to deter any of you from trading with the wonderful sellers on these forums. I have never had an issue as a buyer or seller until now. Yes, I am the seller that this poster is referring to and am only coming public with my id because I have been warned that my name was going to be divulged by this poster in a negative light and also to illustrate that there are always two sides to a story.

What has not been disclosed is that this buyer sent me the wrong address (forwarding order had been expired - address was taken from a sheet of paper that was enclosed with the check - NOT the check itself as stated) and in the time that the package had been originally sent by me from FL I had moved to TN. I kept in touch with the buyer from day one because I could tell that based on the volume of her correspondence and their content that she was new to the buying/selling process and wanted to make her feel at ease. As time went on and her item had not arrived, I assured her that media mail was slow and to just give it time. When it came apparent that the item may be lost, I still asked her to give it another week or two. In that time, the package had made it back to me at my new address in TN. I immediately informed her when the package was found and retrieved from the PO. This cost me an additional $3.77 on top of the original postage that I paid to ship. She offered to send me funds to reship the item due to her error. She never did and since I have been acclimating three children to a new home, new state and running a non-profit, I did not have the time nor was it on the forefront of my mind to keep at this user to send me the funds she originally said she would.

With regard to me ignoring her messages of which there were quite a few although much less than the hundreds that she claims (she was inquiring if her items had been shipped before I even received her check or had time to deposit it), these forums have been utilized by another individual in my household and they never thought it their business to alert me that I had notifications pending. I have not been using the boards. I just became aware of her messages and I replied accordingly. I have made it clear more than once that I would be more than happy to reship the items, at her cost, less my additional outlay if she still wants them or issue her a refund less my cost. At this point, I am in the red with this transaction but I am willing to do the right thing, regardless. I have never and would never rip anyone off.

I am sorry that this has become so long winded however I feel that it is important to know the facts not just one side of a story especially when it serves to make people leery of continuing to trade on these boards which have been a blessing to my family and me and I am sure many others.

Blessings,

Lisa

Edited by blessed2fosteradopt

Or longer . . . . My mother sent me something on her vacation, it was months before it arrived.

I had this happen to me, but I was the seller. I made a mistake, messed up the address, it took 3 months for the items to arrive back to me. I offered a refund but the buyer wanted to wait it out. I just remailed them this week at my cost(along with some other books for free). I would certainly expect though that if it was the buyers fault they would pay return shipping.