Menu

Anyone use "Plan To Eat"?

Plan to Eat. I heard about this here on the boards. I just started using it. They are currently having a 30-day free trial. I tried it for a week and went ahead and signed up. It is very different from other planners. I really like it.

Would anyone on there like to "friend" up and share recipes?

My user name there is WitchGirl.

Edited by Audrey

Ohhhh, I didn't know you could have friends on there. I will look for you if you'd like. My name is Meggie there too. So original, I know;)

Yes, apparently you can have friends and you can share your recipes with them and vice versa. I'm always interested in other people's recipes. :001_smile: I sent you a friend thingy over there.

Exciting. Invitation has been sent.

I've got a lot of recipes from The Pioneer Woman, Mel's Kitchen Cafe, and Our Best Bites blogs. I also have a lot from Don't Panic, Dinner's in the Freezer Books. And since most of the time, I just make up what I do, the recipes may not be that useful to anyone but me.

ETA: ACK! Missed the part about you sending me an invite. LOL. BRB

Meggie,

You are just what I needed today. I have been looking at freezer recipes all day to try and get some freezer cooking done.

Frontier Mom,

I sent you an invite.

Joy

Glad I could help.

Frontier Mom, I sent you an invite too. (It'll go to your email, just in case you're like me and waiting and waiting for something to show up on your PTE account and finally check the FAQs and see that they'll go to your email. Just in case)

I have signed up as well but short of adding some recipes, I haven't done much with it yet. Didnt know about adding friends. I am smidgenofsoul on there. C

I sent you a friend invite. :001_smile:

Can you have friends on the free trial? I've been wanting to join but haven't yet. Having friends would be way cool.

I'm not sure, but probably? You can usually do everything with the free trial that you can with the subscription.

You can sign up for the trial without having to put in any credit card information.

I have and use an account- my name is Peela, amazingly.

I am going to work out how to friend people now. But feel free to friend me.

Oops, looks like I am shobbs67 there, so thats me.

I tried to send an invite to you at shobbs67, but it wouldn't let me. I tried Peela, and that seemed to send something. let me know if you didn't get it. :001_smile:

My username is MandyMom (go figure) on PTE. I've used it for over a year, so I've got quite a few recipes stored up. I always love more though!

Sent you a friend thingy! :001_smile:

I'm BeckyFL on there too. I have been so happy with Plan to Eat.

Sent you one, too! :001_smile:

I'm BeckyFL on there too. I have been so happy with Plan to Eat.

I have been using PTE for a couple of months now and I am really liking it too.

My username is MandyMom (go figure) on PTE. I've used it for over a year, so I've got quite a few recipes stored up. I always love more though!

I sent you a friend request too.

Thanks,

Joy

My goodness, Mandy!! You DO have quite a few recipes! What a goldmine. I saw an appetizer recipe for corn and bean wonton cups that looks great. I'm going to try that for a Canada Day appetizer this Friday. :001_smile:

My goodness, Mandy!! You DO have quite a few recipes! What a goldmine. I saw an appetizer recipe for corn and bean wonton cups that looks great. I'm going to try that for a Canada Day appetizer this Friday. :001_smile:

I reckon- thats a lot of recipes!

Okay, I just joined and sent out invites to ten of you. I use same username everywhere.

I do plan to add some recipes later on and see how that feature works. In fact, I think I'll go plug a couple in now.

Looks neat! :001_smile:

I find this very interesting, but do you guys really stick to a monthly meal plan? I'm not sure that we could and I would just find it frustrating to do all the work of planning and then it go out that window, kwim?

I usually just plan the week or maybe two weeks. It takes about 5 -10 minutes, since all you are doing is dragging/dropping things into the calendar. Because of that, it is also super easy to make changes during the week. You can also save whole week/s plans, so you just plop the saved multiday plan into your calendar, and it takes even less time.

I always have good intentions for being more organized, sticking with a plan, etc. but have a hard time following through. I knew that I needed to be more organized in my meal planning, and I searched for about a year and tried all different sorts of methods for meal planning. I finally found Plan to Eat, and I knew I had found what I was looking for. I've used it for over a year, so it's got to be easy or I would have chunked it months ago.

Wow!!! :thumbup1:

MandyMom, I think I love you! :001_wub:

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the recipes. Make sure and add BeckyFL too...I think she has more recipes than I do :)

Edited by mandymom

A couple of ? about PTE.

I am using the free trial. I can only see the monthly view and don't see a button at the bottom as indicated to switch to weekly view. Am I missing something? I see it on the other pages but not when I go to the planner page. Is that only a monthly view?

Do you just add veggies, etc. as other ingredients for that meal? That is what I did but not sure if that is correct.

Edited by Frontier Mom

A couple of ? about PTE.

I am using the free trial. I can only see the monthly view and don't see a button at the bottom as indicated to switch to weekly view. Am I missing something? I see it on the other pages but not when I go to the planner page. Is that only a monthly view?

Do you just add veggies, etc. as other ingredients for that meal? That is what I did but not sure if that is correct.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm using Firefox (if that matters).

A couple of ? about PTE.

I think when you are on the actual planner screen, all you can see is the monthly view, but you can do everything there that you could do on a weekly screen. When you are in the recipe screen or the shopping list screen or on an individual recipe screen, you have the option of pulling up a weekly view. There is a button at the bottom of those screens to turn the weekly view on and off. When you are on the recipe screen, you can add the recipes directly into the weekly calendar by clicking the button "add recipe". If you are on the planner page, you can just drag and drop the recipes from the left hand side right into the calendar. This is what I do most of the time. Just left click on the recipe, hold it down, and pull it over to where you want it in the calendar.

To add side items that don't have recipes, left click on the day you want to add something. A box comes up, and you have the option to "add other ingredients". You can add things here and it will show up on your shopping list. If you want to add something that you don't want to show up on your shopping list, add it under "add notes or events". Sometimes, the extra ingredients show up under the snack section for that day. You can always drag and drop it to the actual meal it pertains to.

Also, for the things I make regularly but I don't need a recipe for (like tacos), I create a recipe for it with just ingredients (so they are added to the shopping list) but no directions. I also click the box that says "private recipe" so that it doesn't show up for friends when I share recipes.

question about the pantry - is there a way to add the things I have in my real pantry without tagging them from a recipe?? I'd love to have my pantry accurate BEFORE I start trying to meal plan?

I just figured out a way to do that. On the shopping list page, add those pantry items to your shopping list, then check them and select "move to pantry."

There might be an easier way, but that one works, I know.

OK, I just sent out a bunch of friend requests. :) I just love using PTE and I am excited to have a bunch of friends on there to share recipes with.

MandyMom, I sent you one last night. I was wondering if you had recieved it?

Joy

I think I sent you one.... what is your username there?