Menu

Help me name my business

I am taking classes to become a home daycare provider and I need a name for my little daycare business.

I want to offer flexible and part-time care primarily aimed at home schoolers or stay-at-home moms. I will offer "enrichment" type activities because frankly I can't imagine have kids around my house without trying to teach them something. I'm basically a neo-classical home schooler with some CM flair. I don't want a "teddy-bear daycare" kind of name - I'm just not that kind of person. I love messy art projects and hands-on science. I like wooden toys and outside play. I love books and detest pink-plastic. I want my daycare to be a kind of place where you can drop off a brood of kids for a few hours while you go to the doctor, grocery shopping, jury duty, or just home to sit in a corner and stare at the walls knowing that their day won't be wasted.

So what is a good name for my daycare?

Thanks for helping.

I'm not really good at this kind of thing but I'll give it a try.

My first thought was SweetBriar Daycare only because it sounds elegant. Here on Long Island we have a nature center called SweetBriar and I've always loved the way it sounds. Very outdoorsy and fun.

The other name I thought of was Little Einsteins (Daycare). This seems to go along more with the educational theme of your vision.

I'm sure you'll get a lot more suggestions to pick from!

Have fun with your new business!

The other name I thought of was Little Einsteins (Daycare). This seems to go along more with the educational theme of your vision.

Just one teeny thing ;) - if you (the OPer) are envisioning use of your daycare by homeschool moms with lots of different ages then I wouldn't use the word "little" I think it implies tots and preschoolers.

I am taking classes to become a home daycare provider and I need a name for my little daycare business.

I want to offer flexible and part-time care primarily aimed at home schoolers or stay-at-home moms. I will offer "enrichment" type activities because frankly I can't imagine have kids around my house without trying to teach them something. I'm basically a neo-classical home schooler with some CM flair. I don't want a "teddy-bear daycare" kind of name - I'm just not that kind of person. I love messy art projects and hands-on science. I like wooden toys and outside play. I love books and detest pink-plastic. I want my daycare to be a kind of place where you can drop off a brood of kids for a few hours while you go to the doctor, grocery shopping, jury duty, or just home to sit in a corner and stare at the walls knowing that their day won't be wasted.

So what is a good name for my daycare?

Thanks for helping.

Where were you when I needed you :)

Eclectic education

(name of your street ie Main St.) Early Academy

Karen's Caring Child Care

good luck!

Well personally, I really love The Magic School House!! I suppose the "magic" part could be a turn-off to some. And maybe even the "school" part. Hmm... I'll put some thought into it and see if I come up with anything.

Well personally, I really love The Magic School House!! I suppose the "magic" part could be a turn-off to some. And maybe even the "school" part. Hmm... I'll put some thought into it and see if I come up with anything.

I really like this one too. :) Maybe because I would like my daycare provider (if I needed one) to be like Ms. Frizzle. :lol: Your advertising could explain more what you're really after, like "The Magic School House: Part-time drop-in care with an educational flair" or some such. :)