Menu

Simon Basher books on sale at Amazon!

MelanieM

I was just browsing Amazon and noticed that some of the Simon Basher books are on sale for $3.60 each. That includes the physics, chemistry, periodic table, planet earth, astronomy, and rocks and minerals books. We *love* these books! Very informative and a whole lot of fun! (I'm also excited to see he has a grammar book coming out next week. That should be fun!)

I was just browsing Amazon and noticed that some of the Simon Basher books are on sale for $3.60 each. That includes the physics, chemistry, periodic table, planet earth, astronomy, and rocks and minerals books. We *love* these books! Very informative and a whole lot of fun! (I'm also excited to see he has a grammar book coming out next week. That should be fun!)

Thanks. The astronomy, rocks and minerals, physics and periodic table ones are also included in the 4 for 3 promo. So, if you have prime, you can get all four of these for 10.80 shipped.

None of your children are frustrated by the lack of real pictures? My daughter looked at the astronomy and geology ones and didn't like them. She wanted to see real pictures of the things being mentioned.

I guess I didn't look at them much after that since my kids find the illustrations annoying.

Are the physics and chemistry ones different?

Okay, back from looking. The physics one looked pretty neat. I bought it for my son.

Edited by Daisy

None of your children are frustrated by the lack of real pictures? My daughter looked at the astronomy and geology ones and didn't like them. She wanted to see real pictures of the things being mentioned.

My kids really like the images actually. Especially my 6yo son, who is into Pokemon cards and other similar things. He likes looking at the 'creature' and hearing all about its super powers. He's big into creating his own cards and such, so this is a nice inspiration for that as well. Plus even if the kids didn't love these books, my husband and I do! lol!

I wonder if the lack of real images would be less of an issue with things that you don't expect to see with the naked eye. Maybe your kids would enjoy this approach to something like chemistry or grammar than to geology and astronomy where the actual rocks and planets themselves are interesting to look at.

• 1 month later...

My 8yo daughter pulled Basher's biology book off the shelf today and has been calling out random bits of info for me. "Mama! Did you know there are 2709 different types of enzymes in the human body??" Um no, no I didn't. :lol:

Did anyone order the grammar book? I haven't yet, but I'm intrigued.

My 8yo daughter pulled Basher's biology book off the shelf today and has been calling out random bits of info for me. "Mama! Did you know there are 2709 different types of enzymes in the human body??" Um no, no I didn't. :lol:

Did anyone order the grammar book? I haven't yet, but I'm intrigued.

I ordered it. :) (and about 7 other titles :tongue_smilie:) I'll let you know how it looks when it gets here on Tuesday.

Good to know! We just got the Physics one and have been reading through Astronomy. Ariel loves these. I told her there were more and she said "Really?! Can we get them all?!" :001_huh: Well, of course! How can I turn down a request for a book where you learn stuff?

We have grammar (and all the rest). My DD LOVES these and enjoys the personifications. She figures the Grammar guys live on MCT's "Grammar Island" :).

The Algebra and Geometry one is the real hit recently, though. We got Grammar, Music, and Algebra and Geometry all at the the same time.