Menu

women's study bible.....what's your fave?

Going to bring it up with my lady friends at church--but thought since we have such a diverse group of moms here that I would ask here too....What is your fave study bible? or bible geared toward women? (if that makes sense)....I'm looking for a new one-I have my mom's bible probably from the 1970s and my bible that I got as a kid in the 1980s.....looking for something modern/udpated....

I never felt the need for a Bible that was directed to women. For Bible studies, though, my favorite has always been Precept Ministries' Precept Upon Precept studies.

:iagree: Me too. And my favorite study Bible is the Precept Ministries' International Inductive Study Bible.

I have one full of devotions for women, but I only like it because it's rather pretty and it's a soft cover, floppy one! LOL

My current fav bible is the Archeology Study Bible. It's fascinating. I already have the NIV Study Bible--not a women's bible either, but I don't find one necessary.

These are my favorites. I've never had one specifically for women.

MacArthur Study Bible

http://www.christianbook.com/nas-ryrie-study-bible-cover-letter/9780802489203/pd/489203?item_code=WW&netp_id=525290&event=ESRCN&view=details'>http://www.christianbook.com/nas-ryrie-study-bible-cover-letter/9780802489203/pd/489203?item_code=WW&netp_id=525290&event=ESRCN&view=details

Ryrie Study Bible

http://www.christianbook.com/nas-ryrie-study-bible-cover-letter/9780802489203/pd/489203?item_code=WW&netp_id=525290&event=ESRCN&view=details

Chronological Study Bible

http://www.christianbook.com/the-nkjv-chronological-study-bible-hardcover/9780718020682/pd/020682?item_code=WW&netp_id=526605&event=ESRCN&view=details

Hope you find one you like.

For Bible studies, though, my favorite has always been Precept Ministries' Precept Upon Precept studies. For Bible studies, though, my favorite has always been Precept Ministries' Precept Upon Precept studies.

Totally agree for actual Bible Studies. I've never found any other study that comes close.

I never felt the need for a Bible that was directed to women. For Bible studies, though, my favorite has always been Precept Ministries' Precept Upon Precept studies.

Ihave looked into these..and the options are overwhelming. Can you suggest one?

Going to bring it up with my lady friends at church--but thought since we have such a diverse group of moms here that I would ask here too....What is your fave study bible? or bible geared toward women? (if that makes sense)....I'm looking for a new one-I have my mom's bible probably from the 1970s and my bible that I got as a kid in the 1980s.....looking for something modern/udpated....

I just recently got this one, Women's Devotional Bible from Guideposts, and I'm really enjoying it. I think it has a nice design, and it has a lot of devotions, plus different reading plans, etc., and the price is quite good.

Ihave looked into these..and the options are overwhelming. Can you suggest one?

(about Precept Upon Precept studies)

My 1st study was 1 John and was very good, as was 2 Timothy. These are a couple of the older New Testament studies and really helpful to teach you how to use the inductive method to study.

Kinsman Redeemer (based on the book of Ruth) and the Genesis studies on Abraham and Joseph are good for beginners, also.

You might want to try How to Study the Bible in 28 Days for an intro into the inductive Bible study method.

Best wishes.

(about Precept Upon Precept studies)

My 1st study was 1 John and was very good, as was 2 Timothy. These are a couple of the older New Testament studies and really helpful to teach you how to use the inductive method to study.

Kinsman Redeemer (based on the book of Ruth) and the Genesis studies on Abraham and Joseph are good for beginners, also.

You might want to try How to Study the Bible in 28 Days for an intro into the inductive Bible study method.

Best wishes.

I am not a beginner to studying the bible :001_smile:, I just have never used Precept. Thanks for the ideas. I am currently doing a Beth Moore study called The Patriarchs. It covers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. It might be interesting to follow that up with Precepts study on Abraham or Joseph.