Menu

So yesterday I bought 60 socks....

Really, I'm not kidding. I got 11 packs of socks (original price $8.99 a pack)....all different colors and prints (super cute!)....at Rue21....for....drum roll please..........$1.00 A PACK!!!! I couldn't believe it! I love that store! The price was $11.00 exactly (no sales tax on clothes in MN! Whoo hoo!). That comes to like .18 or .19 a pair (yeah...I figured it out). :D

Now I just have to figure out how not to lose these. Why is it that there's always one sock and not the matching sock around here??? Does anyone else have a sock monster or something that eats their socks?? I actually have a paper grocery bag I have filled to overflowing with socks that don't have a match anymore. :banghead: So...I can't have this happen to these cool new socks. I'm thinking of having the kids (and myself. Dh? forget it!) put socks directly into their own mesh laundry bag and then zip it up and toss it in the washer and dryer when it's time to wash them. Does anyone else have any ideas? Maybe saftey pinning the pairs together before tossing them in the washer??

ETA: I worded my subject line a little wrong. I bought 60 PAIRS of socks.

Edited by ~AprilMay~

I have spend insane amounts on socks in one trip. But then I buy insane amounts of socks at one time. Every member of the house is allowed one type of sock. When those socks start to be worn out then ALL of that type of sock is thrown out and a new batch of socks moves in.

So we only have 4 types of socks in this house. (Plus I have two sets of toe socks :))

I also at one point had large batches of socks to move in when the current batch wore out. I do remember the strange looks when I bought all those socks in one stop. I think it was 240 pairs of socks (60 of each type)

The only way I can keep track of socks is if they immediately go into the laundry basket after wearing and I immediately fold, sort, and put away all the laundry once it is clean. If there is a delay anywhere in there, I will lose either one or both of the pair.

I love cute socks!

Really, I'm not kidding. I got 11 packs of socks (original price $8.99 a pack)....all different colors and prints (super cute!)....at Rue21....for....drum roll please..........$1.00 A PACK!!!! I couldn't believe it! I love that store! The price was $11.00 exactly (no sales tax on clothes in MN! Whoo hoo!). That comes to like .18 or .19 a pair (yeah...I figured it out). :D

Now I just have to figure out how not to lose these. Why is it that there's always one sock and not the matching sock around here??? Does anyone else have a sock monster or something that eats their socks?? I actually have a paper grocery bag I have filled to overflowing with socks that don't have a match anymore. :banghead: So...I can't have this happen to these cool new socks. I'm thinking of having the kids (and myself. Dh? forget it!) put socks directly into their own mesh laundry bag and then zip it up and toss it in the washer and dryer when it's time to wash them. Does anyone else have any ideas? Maybe saftey pinning the pairs together before tossing them in the washer??

ETA: I worded my subject line a little wrong. I bought 60 PAIRS of socks.

OOOoooohhhh, the house faeries are going to LOVE you! ;)

My teen girls now deliberately wear unmatched socks. Apparently "everyone" does. :D

Makes my life easier.

Good to know. :001_smile:

Oooooooh, we have one of these here in my inky, dinky little town (just googled)--who knew? How did you snag this deal? I might have to swing by there myself!

Right place at the right time, I guess. :001_smile: We only make it Rue21 a couple times a year. They usually have a $1.00 rack, so I always head for that. I kinda feel bad though...'cuz I snagged all of 'em. :blushing:

Have you seen these? - https://www.sockclip.com/

Interesting. I wonder if they'd drive me nuts clangin' around in the dryer though.

Were they adult socks, or kids' socks? We have a Rue 21 store nearby...I haven't been there yet, but will go for socks at that price. Was it a clearance, or great sale, or what?

Well, I am assuming they are adult socks, because Rue21 doesn't have kids clothes. Some of the packs say Size 9 - 11; but they seem a little small. My 7 year old is actually wearing some. But, they stretch and I can wear them too. But, if they are too snug for me after washing then I'll give them to her. Some of the packs say One Size Fits Most; those are a much better fit for me. They fit great and are a little bigger looking than the other ones. 10 of the packs I bought are like ankle socks. 1 pack were really long knee socks. Rue21 usually has a $1 rack for jewelry and stuff. There were socks hanging on the $1 side and a bunch more on the opposite side that said 1/2 off. I asked and they said they should all ring up $1, and they did (my reciept says I saved $86.89. :D). There is a section on the wall with all their socks for $7 or $8.00. They really looked no different than the ones I got for $1.00. Check your store out and see if they have any (unless it's the one I went to....then they are all gone. :001_smile: ).

One perk of having 3 dc within 3.5years of each other is the socks. I buy about 30 pairs of the EXACT same kind of white kid's sock and they share. I don't sort or fold, just throw them in a drawer.

Oh, may their feet always be so close in size....atleast until they can do their own laundry.:tongue_smilie:

Right place at the right time, I guess. :001_smile: We only make it Rue21 a couple times a year. They usually have a $1.00 rack, so I always head for that. I kinda feel bad though...'cuz I snagged all of 'em. :blushing:

Don't feel bad, lol! I would have done the same thing. :closedeyes:

Well, I am assuming they are adult socks, because Rue21 doesn't have kids clothes. Some of the packs say Size 9 - 11; but they seem a little small. My 7 year old is actually wearing some. But, they stretch and I can wear them too. But, if they are too snug for me after washing then I'll give them to her. Some of the packs say One Size Fits Most; those are a much better fit for me. They fit great and are a little bigger looking than the other ones. 10 of the packs I bought are like ankle socks. 1 pack were really long knee socks. Rue21 usually has a $1 rack for jewelry and stuff. There were socks hanging on the $1 side and a bunch more on the opposite side that said 1/2 off. I asked and they said they should all ring up $1, and they did (my reciept says I saved $86.89. :D). There is a section on the wall with all their socks for $7 or $8.00. They really looked no different than the ones I got for $1.00. Check your store out and see if they have any (unless it's the one I went to....then they are all gone. :001_smile: ).

I have never been there before. I went ahead and headed out the door before you replied. I saw lots of socks, but they all seemed to be regular price. I did find them in 2-3 places in the store. I saw some 50% off racks, but no socks there. I felt very out of place there, so I looked around as much as I could, and then skeddadled out of there. :001_smile:

I have never been there before. I went ahead and headed out the door before you replied. I saw lots of socks, but they all seemed to be regular price. I did find them in 2-3 places in the store. I saw some 50% off racks, but no socks there. I felt very out of place there, so I looked around as much as I could, and then skeddadled out of there. :001_smile:

Awww....too bad they had no socks. I bet you went to the one I went to. :D As for feeling out of place....yeah, I getcha on that. If it weren't for my teenage daughter I'm sure I'd have never stepped foot in there. It's mostly teen/young adult clothes and accessories. I rarely find something for myself....these socks and a purse once. My son is getting at the age where he would like some of the clothes there. But this boy is always working and gets all of his clothes soooo dirty; it's not worth it yet. Anyway....sorry you didn't have a fun shopping trip. :sad:

Do you need them all right now? You could put some away and take them out in a year or so when the others have worn out or gotten lost. I would love to find such a great sock sale. You really lucked out!

Good idea....I was thinking of the same thing; set a few packs aside.

This is what I am using and I am loving it!!! For the first time, my husband is not asking, "where are my socks?", because now he is incharge of clipping his own socks and they stay clipped once it is washed...hehe! My kids have to do the same thing :0)

Julia

Did you order from that site....or did you find them at a better price somewhere else?

My teen girls now deliberately wear unmatched socks. Apparently "everyone" does. :D

Makes my life easier.

Yup, if I'm wearing matching socks, it's an accident. Being concerned about sock matching just pokes at the evil sock-stealing gnomes that infest my house.

Hey everyone....guess what?? My oldest dd just told me that she had taken a pack of socks out of the bag last night. So....I actually got 67 pairs of socks for $11.00. That's like .16 cents a pair. Not that I'm bragging or anything....just wanted you to know that the deal was even better than I thought. :D

Gardening Momma....I see you are in OH. Unless you took a quick drive over to MN then I guess you didn't go to the same Rue21 as I did. :001_smile:

WOW! what a buy!

I work hard at purchasing socks that are alike. I will buy 2-3 bundles of socks for each kid that are all the same. I don't have so many miss matched socks that way. The kids really like white sock though so it does make it simple.:001_smile:

Awww....too bad they had no socks. I bet you went to the one I went to. :D As for feeling out of place....yeah, I getcha on that. If it weren't for my teenage daughter I'm sure I'd have never stepped foot in there. It's mostly teen/young adult clothes and accessories. I rarely find something for myself....these socks and a purse once. My son is getting at the age where he would like some of the clothes there. But this boy is always working and gets all of his clothes soooo dirty; it's not worth it yet. Anyway....sorry you didn't have a fun shopping trip. :sad:

It wasn't not fun, it was just sort of strange. :lol: Plus, I had my 2 dd's with me, so they were trying on hats and admiring gaudy jewelry. :D We headed over to Target after Rue 21, and got normal stuff. :lol:

It wasn't not fun, it was just sort of strange. :lol: Plus, I had my 2 dd's with me, so they were trying on hats and admiring gaudy jewelry. :D We headed over to Target after Rue 21, and got normal stuff. :lol:

:lol: Actually, I think a lot of the stuff at Rue is pretty cute (not for my age, of course). :iagree:I do love Target!