Menu

Monsanto bought Whole Foods.....

Has anyone seen this? Anyone have more information or better links? The article was written in January but I am just hearing about it now. Why? I don't trust Monsanto and this concerns me but I would like to read about it more and get an idea of what others are thinking. It seems to me to be a big step backward and a loss for the organic and small farmers.

http://www.politicolnews.com/tag/monsanto-buys-out-whole-foods/

ETA: Please ready the whole thread and all the links within. The link in this post is sensational at best. Whole Foods was not bought buy Monsanto. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Once
To add the warning at the bottom.

Say it ain't so! :sad:

This is my first time hearing anything like this!...I don't like Monsanto at all...I am hesitant to use soy products after they started making the seeds with Round-Up in them...I hope Whole Foods didn't sell to them...I shop there every week to avoid GMO's and such...

If anyone has more information, please post and let us know...

ETA: I just saw the post above with the other thread mentioned...I have to read through that now...What a shame!

Edited by TheAutumnOak
Something to add

This sounds like something I would expect to read in The Onion. I certainly hope there is no truth to it.
There isn't. There are a number of links in the other thread which thoroughly debunk this. Edited by nmoira
typo

Thanks for all the links. I was looking for them to confirm or deny this article. My life lesson today was about looking for reliable sources. I thought of myself as someone who avoids sensationalism and recognizes it for what it is, but I guess certain topics I still have automatic bias for.

Thanks!

Wolfram and Hart......had to google it but it was worth it! :001_smile:

Edited by Once