Menu

Teacher Tube: Great Site

emelsha

Okay, I don't know how many already know this, but here is a GREAT site called Teacher Tube. They have educational videos from elementary to university level. Science, Math, Arts, Phonics, Writing, Reading, Social studies, languages, geography, technology etc. Check it out. The format is almost identical to You Tube:

http://teachertube.com

You know, I keep coming up with great ideas that someone else has already had. For the last couple of years I've been wishing I had a small trust fund I could live off and spend my time setting up just such a site. I would even contact school districts and ask them to submit nominations for "your best lecturer" and try to tape them and put them up.

I still recall Mr. Schoening's lectures on the Civil War and life in castles. I remember where I was sitting, and who was in my class...his lectures are some of my most vivid memories. Surely there are Mr. Schoenings sprinkled all over. You can't expect every little school district to have a great lecturer in X subject, but these days, they probably have a computer to view one.

Thanks for the site!