Menu

So, let's talk about your feet when you drive....

I drive one footed (right) and will drive barefoot quite often. I'm not a flip flop gal, but I hate shoes and am usually barefoot most of the time. Many times I don't even bother to put my shoes on when I run out the door. I just carry them with me, toss them in the car and we're off.

:iagree:

Right foot only. Once I drove the car around to the back of the house without any shoes because the dog stole them and I didn't know where they were and it was too freaky - I felt like I was naked or driving without a seat belt. Other than that one time, I can't imagine needing to leave home without my shoes on. So, right foot, shoes on.

Right foot only. Once I drove the car around to the back of the house without any shoes because the dog stole them and I didn't know where they were and it was too freaky - I felt like I was naked or driving without a seat belt. Other than that one time, I can't imagine needing to leave home without my shoes on. So, right foot, shoes on.

You were naked. At least your feet were. :D

:iagree:I can't imagine leaving the house without shoes on. And...I think I'd feel like you do if I ever did drive with barefeet; it just wouldn't seem right. Hopefully you found where your dog hid your shoes. :001_smile:

I voted right foot (for automatics) and always wear shoes because 99% of the time I wear shoes.

I don't get the concept of using the left foot for brakes as a result of having driven a manual and being used to using your left foot since the left foot is never used for braking, only for shifting.

I learned on a manual and drove one until 6 years ago. Even after having an automatic for 6 years now I still occasionally step on the phantom clutch pedal.

I drove a manual transmission for 10 years and I would never dream of using my left foot in an automatic. It was strange to get used to not needing my left foot while driving, and my car has a fake pedal/foot rest on the left that helped me transition. But I'd never use my left foot for braking. It just seems wrong. But I do drive barefoot sometimes.

I also drive both manual and automatic. If it's automatic, right foot only; manual right foot for brake and gas, left foot on the clutch.

I think you're not supposed to use left foot for the brake because it's too easy to "ride the brake" or apply both the brake and gas at the same time.

I answered the poll as if you were asking only about automatic, as I see your issue is with left foot on the brake. And I wear shoes.

I'm with the one of the previous poster who said that she drives with her left foot on the dash. I do the same thing, or propped up on the door pocket thingy or curled up in the seat. Even for short trips, I'm somehow propping my foot up. I've even done that on the interstate with my right foot propped on the floor console between the seats (this was when I had a car and not my van - no console for me to use now) when I have my cruise on. A few times when I was young and dumb I would sit cross-legged while driving.

I almost always go barefoot in the summer time. Even in the winter, sometimes I'll take off my shoes, especially if I'm in clogs. I feel like I have better control over the driving when I'm barefoot because as a different PP said, you can feel the car.

I'm with the one of the previous poster who said that she drives with her left foot on the dash. I do the same thing, or propped up on the door pocket thingy or curled up in the seat. Even for short trips, I'm somehow propping my foot up. I've even done that on the interstate with my right foot propped on the floor console between the seats (this was when I had a car and not my van - no console for me to use now) when I have my cruise on. A few times when I was young and dumb I would sit cross-legged while driving.

I almost always go barefoot in the summer time. Even in the winter, sometimes I'll take off my shoes, especially if I'm in clogs. I feel like I have better control over the driving when I'm barefoot because as a different PP said, you can feel the car.

Egads! :eek: