Menu

I need a good simple summer meal idea to bring to new mom.

My normal "new mama" meals are:

homemade mac and cheese, with real cheese or baked ziti, usually with a salad. However, if you want more summery I think a nice pasta salad would be good. Get fun corkscrew pasta, add canned tuna or chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, and some diced onion (maybe leave the onion big enough for the kids to pick out, or don't use it at all to make it more kid friendly), then mix up a dressing of olive oil, a bit of lemon juice, and minced garlic. Whisk it together very well before pouring over the rest of the stuff. Yum.

Katie

I just recently made a small roast in the crock pot with BBQ sauce, shredded it, and sent it with crusty rolls and salad. It was super easy for me and they all loved it! You could use any meat you have with the BBQ sauce, chicken, pork and beef all are equally delicious.

A summer baby! If it were me, I would love a big green salad with avo slices, sunflower seeds, tomatoes, feta, olives, cucumbers, gently tossed with olive oil, lemon juice, a bit of red wine vinegar, salt. pepper. :sigh: Maybe some lovely hummus with soft pita. Sparkling water with lemon. Ahhhhh..... For my kids, I would say corn on the cob, grilled chicken legs or Amy's Veggie Burgers, strawberries.