Menu

electronic "to do" list

Is there such a thing?

It should be cheap, because it's not utilizing more technology than, say, a calculator or a label-maker. At least, not by much. Maybe you can't even type in it & have to upload your list from the computer, although you should be able to check off when it's done.

If it's cheap enough, you could give your kids ea their daily lists on there. If it's wireless, you could add to it from your desk. Hehehehe.

:bigear:

We like Cozi. Dh likes Outlook, so he can sync it with his Outlook calendar. I use it on my iPhone, ds on his iPod, and all of us on our laptops. It's so easy to add something, and everyone else sees it on their devices. I haven't made use of the other features (like shopping lists) but I love the calendar.

Smart phones have a million to-do apps. If you want something electronic, but not on a phone, you're probably going to have to go on a vintage hunt. There's no market for something like that anymore. There probably was 10-15 years ago!

Yeah, that's what I mean--I was hoping something like that by now might be cheap enough for the kids. Shoot, who am I kidding? *I* would love to have something like that, lol!

I've been looking at pda type things, & it looks like some can even be used as e-readers or to read pdfs. But the 5star ratings are amazing, & the 1stars are terrible. And the $20 & under prices keep turning out to be for broken ones or parts. :001_huh::lol:

• 1 month later...

I've been using toodledo. Even the free version has tons of options with contexts and folders. I can bring up just phone calls I need to make or everything on my errand list. I can also just bring up my homeschool related jobs. It also has apps so you can send the list to an Ipod Touch or smart phone.

I bought one of these last year and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! It has software for the computer, so when I'm home and I need to add to the contacts or the TO DO list I type on my computer instead of the PDA. Then when I'm ready to go out the door I just push a button and Hot Sync it so that it is up-to-date.

It has a NOTE feature which you can use they sylus to take notes in your own writing in case you need to jot something down fast.

I guess someday I'll get a smart phone, but for $50 I can keep my cheap pay as I go cheap phone and use one of these PDAs to stay organized. No more lost sticky notes for me!

These PDAs are so fun to play with I bought my children the cheaper version to have fun with.