Menu

Mini rant about girls clothes

At the last choir rehearsal the director announced that for the next performance all the girls must be in a solid white shirt & solid black skirt. Which is fine.....except it is June.....in California.

We have looked high & low for a cute, modest (to the knee or longer) skirt. My 13 yo dd wears a size 14-16 in girls. Nothing.

Last night, while on a movie date with dh, I pop into Old Navy for another look.

There it is...in the women's section. It is a solid black, knit skirt in XS. It has a wide stretchy panel at the waist for a bit of a drop waist look then three tiers of ruffles. I hold it up to my waist and it comes to just above my knees. Dd is a little shorter than I am (5' 2") so it should be just right.

When I get home I triumphantly show it to my 17 yo dd who says, "That is a dress." :blink:

Apparently I bought a tube-top, micro-mini, hookeriffic dress for my 13 yo.

Feeling good about my parenting.

It is still a pretty cute skirt. I might even go back and buy the other colors because modest skirts are hard to find.

Amber in SJ

It is still a pretty cute skirt. I might even go back and buy the other colors because modest skirts are hard to find.

Amber in SJ

A friend of mine buys those for her dd specifically to wear as a skirt.

Her dd wears them with wide belts and looks very stylish!

My dd's orchestra uniforms (white blouses and black skirts) are from French Toast and Lands End.

Check out www.frenchtoast.com for the white Peter Pan blouse with lace trim collar (1115G or N) and the black pleated skirt (1066G or N for the larger sizes)

or www.landsend.com for the black A-line skirt (Item # 06804-55Y4) and the white Peter Pan blouse with ruffle collar (Item # 23093-9AF1).

Good luck!

There it is...in the women's section. It is a solid black, knit skirt in XS. It has a wide stretchy panel at the waist for a bit of a drop waist look then three tiers of ruffles. I hold it up to my waist and it comes to just above my knees. Dd is a little shorter than I am (5' 2") so it should be just right.

When I get home I triumphantly show it to my 17 yo dd who says, "That is a dress." :blink:

I've seen those, and agree with others, that they work as skirts too. Your daughter's reaction is priceless.