Menu

DS has seen too many Old Spice commercials

DS9 has been complaining about his armpits being stinky even right after a shower. I've been trying to stall buying deodorant because he's so young, and we haven't noticed him smelling badly. But he spent this week with his nose in his armpit :001_huh: and really concerned about being smelly.

DH and DS stopped by the store for me today (I have a sick kid again), and DH let him pick out a deodorant. He picked Old Spice.

Old Spice has always seemed like an old man scent to me...that is before the new commercials had it representing handsome, virile men in towels. Somehow Old Spice and 9 year old doesn't seem to go together. :lol:

Edited by joannqn

:D hehe Thats funny!

FWIW I love Crystal sticks, theres plenty of "brands" out there that do them, here one: http://www.thecrystal.com/

If one of my kids ever want deod, I will offer that lol. Could probably double as a science lesson as well :lol:

Both my father AND my grandfather wear Old Spice LOL. Luckily DH wears Lynx lol.

I think its cute! :001_smile:

Dh uses Old Spice; he likes the fragrance and it works well for him. He used to use something else . . . can't remember what it was as it's been too long ago. Ds2 also uses Old Spice--when he actually uses it. (You know how 13yo's can be with hygiene.) He prefers it to other scents out there. Ds1 always has to be different--he chose Axe.

Both my ds love Old Spice! We all about busted a gut laughing this spring when, as we were quite seriously watching male & female robins doing a mating dance, my 10yo says in a deep masculine voice, "HELLO, Ladies!!!"

:lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: too funny!!

I think Old Spice smells really good! It's not an "old man" smell to me lol.

Oh and I love their commercials- despite the fact that my 10 y/o daughter has memorized two of them and likes to recite them randomly and rapidly!

Agreed on both counts. My DH wore Old spice before we were dating when I had an impossible crush on him. I LOVE the smell of it now. :D

I also love the Old Spice ads. They got the perfect actor for those.

DS9 has been complaining about his armpits being stinky even right after a shower. I've been trying to stall buying deodorant because he's so young, and we haven't noticed him smelling badly. But he spent this week with his nose in his armpit :001_huh: and really concerned about being smelly.

DH and DS stopped by the store for me today (I have a sick kid again), and DH let him pick out a deodorant. He picked Old Spice.

Old Spice has always seemed like an old man scent to me...that is before the new commercials had it representing handsome, virile men in towels. Somehow Old Spice and 9 year old doesn't seem to go together. :lol:

But he spent this week with his nose in his armpit :001_huh: and really concerned about being smelly.

Well, this is good news. Hope he keeps that up. :001_smile: I have a 15 year old and I think he could care less :ack2: (only if he's going to church, that is).

Well, Old Spice has been around a looong time. My dad always used it. But it's come a long way, too. We were just looking at all the new Old Spice scents the other day. They have shampoo, body wash, body spray, etc now. Some of the new scents are Fiji, Denali, Komodo, Cyprus, Matterhorn. Guess who ended up buying a stick of Fiji deoderant?? My 18 year old dd. And, yes..it's for herself. She loves the guy scents. :001_rolleyes:

Old Spice is actually the hip new deodorant.

They have a bunch of new fragrances, and the stuff really works.

Oh, and they have

a

:iagree:Sorry, Joann, but she's right! If ds19 is wearing it, it must be cool for ds14, since ds19 would never do anything not cool and hip. :tongue_smilie:I've had to make them tone it down.;) It's weird though, because dh and I are not into cologne and perfume. :confused: