Menu

You are my homeschool conference!

New on the boards here!

You all are my homeschool conference. I’ve been hsing from the get go, my oldest is 10, and I feel odd that I’ve never been to a conference. I am interested in going to one, really, but every year it just doesn’t work out. But I’ve been reading these forums more the past year and I’ve learned soooo much. If there’s a topic or question I have I can just search it and wah la, everything I needed to know from every angle. I really do love the diversity of opinion represented on these boards.

So I look forward to chatting with you all, and thank you for keeping my mind sharp on all things homeschool... If anything you’ve saved me registration money that I can now put towards curriculum :)

breadnbutter,

Welcome and I agree with you; I have only attended a few conferences in the last twelve years of homeschooling. So much info is here for the asking. I'm sure you're full of info as well since you have been homeschooling for 5 years. Can't wait to hear some of it! :D

Guest Dulcimeramy

Welcome, breadnbutter!

Do you all remember, was it Paula (elegantlion) who built herself a personal homeschool conference?

If I recall correctly, she rounded up a bunch of free lectures to listen to and articles to read, prepared some great drinks and snacks, and carved out some time all to herself. Genius.

Welcome! What topics do want to explore for your conference today?:)

Thank you all! I think I'll post my first topic as a new thread.

BTW, how do I get notified that someone responds to a thread. I'm guessing I have to subscribe, but I don't know how to do that.:confused:

I attended ONE hs conference when I started homeschooling. I have never attended another large conference again, EVER!

The only reason I go to our local one, that is called a BookFair rather than a conference (but they do have some seminars) is because I work a booth for a few hours.

I may be one of the few who actually dislikes conferences.

Dawn

Thank you all! I think I'll post my first topic as a new thread.

BTW, how do I get notified that someone responds to a thread. I'm guessing I have to subscribe, but I don't know how to do that.:confused:

When you post your new thread, there is a choice called "thread subscription" (scroll down under the message spot). You can choose between e-mail notification that is instant anytime someone answers or once a day or weekly.

Welcome!! This place is definitely a wealth of knowledge!

I don't go to the conferences to actually look at curriculum. I just go cause they are fun LOL. When I get there, I usually already know what I'm going to buy. I just like to be around other homeschoolers and use it as an excuse to stay in a fancy hotel for a good price and take a mini vacation LOL.