Menu

Considering "wasting" a vote this year...

I will be voting 3rd party this year because my conscience will not allow me to vote for any of the Dem or Rep candidates remaining. I really can't say that any of them are any better or any worse than the others to even vote the lesser of two evils.

If the election was right now, I would probably vote for Chuck Baldwin. He says he will be the homeschoolers best friend. Gotta like that! Here's a link for you http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2008/cbarchive_20080502.html

I'm looking forward to reading what others post as well.

beansprouts! I was just thinking about you because I haven't seen you in awhile and the board is getting really big and you had been keeping us posted on how big it was getting. also, i had a question that I had hoped you would weigh in on, alas, I don't remember it now!

3rd party= dh is in republican politics and would be SO upset if i threw away my vote in a tight year, but I love Ron Paul. Also there is a new libertarian candidate that I don't know much about, but he sounds great too. I am all about the government getting out of our lives!

Krista that was a good link!

Here is a quote from it, "I also anticipate tens of thousands of freedom-loving people from all religious persuasions and walks of life to rally to our cause. Why? Because thousands of principled people will not be bullied into voting for the "evil of two lessers" being shoved down our throats by the two major parties."

I have to admit that I don't like either of the two parties or their candidates but intended to vote for the lesser of two evils, as I seen it. I struggle with voting for a third party when there isn't hope of them winning when I could be voting for one of the two parties that HOPEFULLY would do better than the other, knowing that ultimately it will come down to one of those two.

Now you guys started this and I don't know which to do, continue to vote for one that I don't care for, but like a little more than the other (knowing one will win) or vote for a third party just to show I didn't like the two main options. Thanks for getting me thinking this morning!

I am not voting 3rd party but I thought this was interesting:

Is Bob Bar McCain's Nader?

WASHINGTON - Brushing aside pleas to keep a fractured Republican Party united, former GOP congressman Bob Barr announced yesterday he would seek the Libertarian nomination for president, threatening to deprive Republican John McCain of critical votes in key battleground states that the GOP needs to hold on to the White House.

I will be voting 3rd party this year because my conscience will not allow me to vote for any of the Dem or Rep candidates remaining. I really can't say that any of them are any better or any worse than the others to even vote the lesser of two evils.

If the election was right now, I would probably vote for Chuck Baldwin. He says he will be the homeschoolers best friend. Gotta like that! Here's a link for you http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2008/cbarchive_20080502.html

I'm looking forward to reading what others post as well.

Um, WOW. :eek:

Thanks but no thanks. But that's why there's chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.

Pretend how you would feel if each of the candidates actually won.

In terms of national security, taxes, judges appointed, etc, and how that would affect your family and future generations.

You may not want to waste your vote after all, even though the choices are not at all good this time <bleh>.

I have to admit that I don't like either of the two parties or their candidates but intended to vote for the lesser of two evils, as I seen it. I struggle with voting for a third party when there isn't hope of them winning when I could be voting for one of the two parties that HOPEFULLY would do better than the other, knowing that ultimately it will come down to one of those two.

If I really thought there was a lesser of two evils, i wouldn't vote third party :)

I have to weigh in here... First of all, I haven't yet decided for whom I will vote, but this attitude of "wasting" a vote by voting for a candidate other than one from the two major parties is EXACTLY why a third party hasn't been successful. If more Americans would vote their conscience rather than what the media tells them is feasible, the stranglehold of the Dems/Reps would be broken. IMHO, the belief that one must vote for the person who is "electable" rather than the best person for the job has crippled both the Dems and Reps. (Can you tell I'm frustrated here?)

So, please, vote your conscience, whatever your convictions. :001_smile:

Pretend how you would feel if each of the candidates actually won.

In terms of national security, taxes, judges appointed, etc, and how that would affect your family and future generations.

You may not want to waste your vote after all, even though the choices are not at all good this time <bleh>.

I have thought about that which is exactly why I'll be voting 3rd party. I can't say that any one of the top candidates is any better than the others. I don't see any of them wanting to protect my 2nd amendment rights. I tend to vote on the conservative side, but there is no conservative for me to vote for in the group of mostly likely to get elected. I can't say that either democrat would be worse than the republican. Just because someone calls himself conservative, doesn't make him conservative. I can not cast a vote for any of them. In the past, I have voted the lesser of two evils. I have been able to say that I would rather have one candidate over another. This year, I can't say that so I'm going to do what more people probably should do. I'm going to vote my conscience. I had posted the link to Chuck Baldwin and said I would vote for him if I had to go vote right now. I will definitely be checking out all of the possibilities and should Ron Paul end up on there, there is a good chance I'd vote for him. What I won't do is waste my vote by casting it for someone who I don't want to be president.

In the past, I have voted the lesser of two evils. I have been able to say that I would rather have one candidate over another. This year, I can't say that so I'm going to do what more people probably should do. I'm going to vote my conscience... What I won't do is waste my vote by casting it for someone who I don't want to be president.

AMEN!!!:iagree:

DadGUM (as Pioneer Woman would say), but I wish there were more than two parties.

The only "third" party candidate likely on the NC ballot is the Libertarian candidate. I hope that will be Bob Barr. I will vote for whatever Libertarian makes it. I no longer think that conservative Republicans are electable. Though the Libertarians and I don't usually see eye-to-eye on abortion issues, I'm right with them on almost everything else.

Furthermore, THIS is the fruit of republican leadership. Why anyone still persists in the delusion that Republicans=conservatives (outside of local small town elections) is beyond me.

If I didn't vote, I'd be contributing to the problem. I have a very pessimistic view of our country's future (I've been reading too much about the French Revolution lately), and I don't really think a few votes cast for a third party candidate will do much. I do think that thinking conservatives need to wake up and there is a tiny chance that this new Rome won't collapse, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't believe there is a chance at all without conservative third parties. (And prayer.)

Ron Paul...I hope he decides to run third party since the media totally ignore him. He is the only one that carries any hope of restoring our country. Our liberties are being taken away and most people don't even see it. Things are looking very bad for Americans...we all need to wake up before it's too late.

I will vote for whatever Libertarian makes it. I no longer think that conservative Republicans are electable. Though the Libertarians and I don't usually see eye-to-eye on abortion issues, I'm right with them on almost everything else.

:iagree:

I vote Libertarian even though I don't agree with the party stand on abortion. I don't consider casting a third party vote as wasted at all.

I have always considered voting 3rd party a wasted vote...now I don't really care. I am probably voting Libertarian this year..especially if it is Bob Barr.

I have not made up my mind totally yet...I am holding out some hope that McCain chooses a real conservative VP. However, I'm not holding my breath and I really doubt he will. I am a conservative who used to say, "conservative Republican." I really don't see too much difference between McCain and either Dem. Oh well, I am totally depressed about the upcoming election and if I don't vote 3rd party, then i probably wo't vote..That has never happened. So, I am not throwing my vote away, i am giving it to a better canidate.

beansprouts! I was just thinking about you because I haven't seen you in awhile and the board is getting really big and you had been keeping us posted on how big it was getting. also, i had a question that I had hoped you would weigh in on, alas, I don't remember it now!

3rd party= dh is in republican politics and would be SO upset if i threw away my vote in a tight year, but I love Ron Paul. Also there is a new libertarian candidate that I don't know much about, but he sounds great too. I am all about the government getting out of our lives!

Thanks for thinking of me :001_smile: I've discovered a passion for gardening, and have been busy digging up the beautiful lawn dh has worked so hard to establish these past few years.

My dh is a "Rush-man" also. I mentioned before he just might divorce me for this. :lol:

Though he did point out recently that a Republican vote in our Democratic state was essentially a wasted vote.