Menu

Do you have crazy dreams that reveal your true feelings?

Last night, I dreamed I took my oldest to university. He bonded with his roommates and took off. I kept running around the campus and in town looking for him so I could say goodbye. We had horrible cell phone connections and so we weren't able to talk on the phone. I was so frustrated!

I felt he didn't pack enough clothes and needed more money. I was mad at him that he didn't hug and kiss me goodbye. I also changed his diaper in front of his roommates. LOL

I must be more apprehensive about ds going away to university than I thought.

No, but I have crazy wake ups that reveal them.

Every once in a while I will wake up with a start and with an absolute conviction. I have learned to take this very seriously. It is almost always an unvarnished truth that I have hidden from myself, or not faced completely in the cold light of day. It seems like it's what my mind really thinks or knows, completely revealed, without layers of defense on top.

YES! Last night I had a dream that my two year old started occupational therapy and the therapist told me that all her problems were because I plan on homeschooling her and she just needs to be around more people and kids her own age. Once she was in a group setting, all her problems were solved and she was so well-behaved and had no anxiety whatsoever!

Every once in a while I will wake up with a start and with an absolute conviction. I have learned to take this very seriously. It is almost always an unvarnished truth that I have hidden from myself, or not faced completely in the cold light of day. It seems like it's what my mind really thinks or knows, completely revealed, without layers of defense on top.

Yes! I think we hide a lot from ourselves, especially unresolved feelings. Fascinating.

YES! Last night I had a dream that my two year old started occupational therapy and the therapist told me that all her problems were because I plan on homeschooling her and she just needs to be around more people and kids her own age. Once she was in a group setting, all her problems were solved and she was so well-behaved and had no anxiety whatsoever!

:grouphug: Aww, I think that one was just worry like mine. As moms we worry so stinking much! More than we even let ourselves know.

Last night, I dreamed I took my oldest to university. He bonded with his roommates and took off. I kept running around the campus and in town looking for him so I could say goodbye. We had horrible cell phone connections and so we weren't able to talk on the phone. I was so frustrated!

I felt he didn't pack enough clothes and needed more money. I was mad at him that he didn't hug and kiss me goodbye. I also changed his diaper in front of his roommates. LOL

I must be more apprehensive about ds going away to university than I thought.

LOL....the diapering thing is hilarious.

And yes, I dream vividly. I do try to not put too much stock in them though because sometimes they are just a big conglomeration of my day.

One time I lost a skirt (IRL) and searched EVERYWHERE for it. I gave up. Then several weeks later I dreamed where it was. I knew of course where I had left it (Had changed clothes at a friends house and left it thee) but had forgotten and my dream reminded me.

Interesting.

I should probably add that this only happens in the wee hours of the morning--usually 3 or 4 AM. Never first thing at daylight. It's as if the conviction itself is what wakes me up. It's that strong.

I am going to start paying more attention to my dreams! :tongue_smilie:

I had a crazy dream, but I can't even begin to fathom what true feelings it revealed.

I had a dream that Robin Williams was digging a outhouse, and he lived beside it in a big pile of sand. (Sort of like the sand fairy in "Five Children and It)

It is always weird when we dream about a celebrity. :lol:

LOL....the diapering thing is hilarious.

And yes, I dream vividly. I do try to not put too much stock in them though because sometimes they are just a big conglomeration of my day.

One time I lost a skirt (IRL) and searched EVERYWHERE for it. I gave up. Then several weeks later I dreamed where it was. I knew of course where I had left it (Had changed clothes at a friends house and left it thee) but had forgotten and my dream reminded me.

I don't put a lot of stock into dreams either until they do reveal something. Dreams are so weird.

Sometimes. And there are many that I would not want to reveal. Lately I've dreamt about being left all alone in the world with nowhere to go after some kind of major upheaval. I hope it doesn't mean anything. Changes are happening very quickly around here lately, it may be just a little anxiety surfacing.

Let me preface the rest of this and say: I am a Christian, maybe not typical but I am not into mysticism. This dream was just weird.

I had an extremely strange dream about a year ago that I can still see in my mind. It was one of those extremely vivid "you are there" dreams. I was standing under a majestic tree looking up. This tree was huge. The leaves were also large and the crown blocked out the sun. There was yellow pear-like fruit scattered over the tree, even along the trunk and branches. The branches were too high to reach and so was the fruit. Other silly things happened in the dream that seem more typical of dreams, but this tree impressed me so much, it was so real. When I woke up I couldn't stop thinking about it. Later that day, I was driving in my car and my mind just said, "It was Yggdrasil." No, I had not heard or read anything about this in years and years, probably decades. Even then, the only book in the house that I was able to find with Yggdrasil in it has exactly one sentence about it. In fact, when I had that thought I wasn't even sure what it was, so when I got home I looked it up on the internet.

The various artist's renditions I could find don't look anything like my tree.

I still want to know why I dreamed this but there doesn't seem to be an answer.

Edited by Onceuponatime

I had a dream recently in which I was in a situation where if I was in real life I hoped I'd do the right thing, even though it would have been really hard. In the dream, even though I was offered a substantial bribe not to, I did the right thing. It was connected with something that had been happening with people close to me. I felt really good about it, that my subconscious would do the right thing, too.

I wish I had cool dreams! It is very rare that I even remember anything about my dreams at all. And then, they're pretty bland dreams that don't mean anything. The only time I have vivid dreams is when I'm pregnant or have a fever.

Sometimes. And there are many that I would not want to reveal. Lately I've dreamt about being left all alone in the world with nowhere to go after some kind of major upheaval. I hope it doesn't mean anything. Changes are happening very quickly around here lately, it may be just a little anxiety surfacing.

Let me preface the rest of this and say: I am a Christian, maybe not typical but I am not into mysticism. This dream was just weird.

I had an extremely strange dream about a year ago that I can still see in my mind. It was one of those extremely vivid "you are there" dreams. I was standing under a majestic tree looking up. This tree was huge. The leaves were also large and the crown blocked out the sun. There was yellow pear-like fruit scattered over the tree, even along the trunk and branches. The branches were too high to reach and so was the fruit. Other silly things happened in the dream that seem more typical of dreams, but this tree impressed me so much, it was so real. When I woke up I couldn't stop thinking about it. Later that day, I was driving in my car and my mind just said, "It was Yggdrasil." No, I had not heard or read anything about this in years and years, probably decades. Even then, the only book in the house that I was able to find with Yggdrasil in it has exactly one sentence about it. In fact, when I had that thought I wasn't even sure what it was, so when I got home I looked it up on the internet.

The various artist's renditions I could find don't look anything like my tree.

I still want to know why I dreamed this but there doesn't seem to be an answer.

I wonder if maybe it represents reaching for better things? I am so not a dream interpreter and I'm not into mysticism either. I think God could talk to us in our dreams, and that they represent stuff going on in ourselves that we are working out, or they are just silly dreams. :001_smile:

I had a dream recently in which I was in a situation where if I was in real life I hoped I'd do the right thing, even though it would have been really hard. In the dream, even though I was offered a substantial bribe not to, I did the right thing. It was connected with something that had been happening with people close to me. I felt really good about it, that my subconscious would do the right thing, too.

Oh, I've had those. It is very cool when that happens.

I wish I had cool dreams! It is very rare that I even remember anything about my dreams at all. And then, they're pretty bland dreams that don't mean anything. The only time I have vivid dreams is when I'm pregnant or have a fever.

I rarely remember mine, so when I do and it is relevant I take notice. I think the ones that I am working through unresolved feelings/issues stay with me more.

I rarely remember mine, so when I do and it is relevant I take notice. I think the ones that I am working through unresolved feelings/issues stay with me more.

I have flying dreams. I love the way I feel when I fly in my dreams. I once dreamed my Brittany Spaniel was flying along side of me....chase birds in the sky. :)

I also have forgiveness dreams. Dreams in which I forgive people who have caused me a lot of grief.

Several years ago I had 'kindess dreams.' At that time I had someone who was routinely mean and unkind to me and every. single time I had such an interaction I would dream that night about someone being kind to me. I used to wake up with a giggly smile on my face after each of those dreams because they were so predictable.