Menu

Opinion: Best Peter Pan movie?

My ds and I just finished reading Peter Pan. As a reward, Friday we are going to watch the Peter Pan movie dressed as pirates of course :D Which Peter Pan movie is the best? I know about the old disney version...but I think some other versions like Neverland are out. Help :bigear:

Peter Pan

This one is by far my favorite version. I think we own every version of Peter Pan ever made. I love them all, but this is the most true to the book. It's really well done.

:iagree: I really like this one. It has the same actor playing Mr. Darling and Capt. Hook, which is how it's supposed to be done, and it does an excellent job of showing Peter's squeamishness about growing up played against Wendy's desire for maturity. Excellent soundtrack, too. It took me a bit to get used to the actor playing Peter, as I thought they should have chosen a British actor, but eventually I decided he was just right with his boyish bravado.

:iagree: I really like this one. It has the same actor playing Mr. Darling and Capt. Hook, which is how it's supposed to be done, and it does an excellent job of showing Peter's squeamishness about growing up played against Wendy's desire for maturity. Excellent soundtrack, too. It took me a bit to get used to the actor playing Peter, as I thought they should have chosen a British actor, but eventually I decided he was just right with his boyish bravado.

:iagree: We love this version too. It's so magical and beautifully done.

:iagree: We love this version too. It's so magical and beautifully done.

:iagree: Yes, magical is the perfect word for it. I think my favorite scene is the one where Peter and Wendy are floating/dancing above the forest floor - the music, the lighting, and the whole concept that it represented: the idea that Wendy wanted a commitment and Peter refused. I think that was a big part of what JM Barrie was getting at in the story in the first place, and I haven't seen it represented on film before this.