Menu

So very upset (about our vacation)

My husband emailed the Gatlinburg Cabins Online company that we reserved our cabin through two days ago. They never responded.

I started Googling reviews, and there are just bad reviews after bad reviews -- bed bugs, mice nests and poop, linens and mattresses smell of urine, water leaks, being charged for broken hot tubs, hair in bathtubs, green slime in the jacuzzis, filthy carpet, and so on.

They got an F on the BBB.

I called my credit card company. They indicated that they will dispute the charges, but I need to contact the company by phone tomorrow. I'm still concerned it won't be so easy.

We also discussed me telling the company that I will contact the Attorney General.

So, I have to deal with this when I get back from my endocrinologist appt in the morning. I really don't know how much more I can take. I'm just about finished thinking we will ever be able to take vacations. I hear about people doing these things.

Even today, my husband's helper needed to be back home by 2:30 for a court case of some sort. It has been one a week since he was hired (a month ago).

I'm fed up, and I am very concerned we will be stuck with over $1,000 bill. We still need to try to find another one. I just keep crying.

If your credit card company is willing to dispute the charges, you may be in luck. Also, if you cancel before you go there, they legally need to refund your money. They may be able to deduct some percentage for a "cancellation fee" but I don't think they can keep the entire amount legally.

I am so sorry. We have rented through Jackson Mountain Homes before and plan to again. They have a really good reputation (from what we have heard and our experience also).

Good luck!

Us too! Same company! Were you by any chance in the house with the game room full of video games downstairs? The boys were in HEAVEN!

I have also seen those awful reviews! And they make it look so good in their pictures!

We LOVE going to Gatlinburg. We stay at Oak Haven Resort and can't get ourselves to ever go anywhere else! EVERY cabin in their resort is BEAUTIFUL! They keep it all up to date, so you don't have a pretty picture only to get there and be disappointed that the couch sags and everything is really worn out. They have AMAZING customer service! Our hot tub had some trouble and they were there immediately to fix it! They have all kinds of cabins, all sizes, game rooms, etc. You can't go wrong there! Their reviews on-line agree! Here's a link: www.oakhavenresort.com. Suggestion: Tell them of the deals you have seen at other sites, that you are trying to decide which company to rent from and what is the lowest price they can offer you. The cabins are totally negotiable on price. We have many times been able to get 3 bedroom cabins for the same price as a 2 bedroom, and other deals.

Hoping it all works out with your refund. I agree with some of the other posts, I don't see how they can get away with keeping all of your $$$ if you've cancelled ahead of time!

I'm so sorry, Dawn!! I thought it sounded a bit fishy when you said they wouldn't release the exact address until you checked in, but then I figured it was just their policy. I hope and pray you get it worked out and your vacation isn't ruined. :grouphug:

I'm so sorry, Dawn!! I thought it sounded a bit fishy when you said they wouldn't release the exact address until you checked in, but then I figured it was just their policy. I hope and pray you get it worked out and your vacation isn't ruined. :grouphug:

We go to Gatlinburg every year and not giving out the actual address until check in is standard practice.

We mostly use Mountain Rentals of Gatlinburg and have never had a problem with them and the houses have all been beautiful, well maintained and clean.

We LOVE going to Gatlinburg. We stay at Oak Haven Resort and can't get ourselves to ever go anywhere else! EVERY cabin in their resort is BEAUTIFUL!
:iagree: We stayed there last year and it was wonderful.

We go to Gatlinburg every year and not giving out the actual address until check in is standard practice.

We mostly use Mountain Rentals of Gatlinburg and have never had a problem with them and the houses have all been beautiful, well maintained and clean.

:iagree: We stayed there last year and it was wonderful.

I live very close to Gatlinburg and I have stayed there a few times and never run into it, but like I said I figured it was just their policy.

Well, the previous cabin didn't fight the cancellation, though they insist we will have to pay the $200 deposit for late cancellation. I explained the BBB rating and reviews. I was told they have new management (since April), and they hope to restore their reputation. Who knows if that's true or not.

We booked a cabin with Oak Haven Resort.

Now, why didn't I just come to the HIVE in the first place? You all solve all my problems. :D